Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TFL Thrifty 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will repeat - by claiming this on your insurance you are committing fraud. I find it hard to believe one would do that and create video evidence of the fraud and post it to YouTube.
I can't stand the channel and couldn't watch. Did they really put a claim on their insurance, did they show proof? If I back my car into something purposely or not I can claim it on insurance. Only the owner of the car truly knows if it was on purpose or accident.

Reactions: juanmedina
I can't stand the channel and couldn't watch. Did they really put a claim on their insurance, did they show proof? If I back my car into something purposely or not I can claim it on insurance. Only the owner of the car truly knows if it was on purpose or accident.

"Intentional acts" are not covered by insurance. Technically if you knowingly ram into something it's not covered, but it is almost impossible to prove if you don't say anything. Arson is probably the most common example of this.

But if you actually tell your carrier you intentionally damaged your auto let me know if you are successful in getting your claim paid.

To all you folks that are waiting on Tesla to "clean-up-their-act' before buying, you should just look elsewhere for a car now. You can always find unhappy owners of any product- especially a controversial new product like an BEV, especially from a new manufacturer.

Tesla has their issues with both warranty and accident parts delivery. Every manufacturer does to some extent, and Tesla may be a little worst that some others right now due to their rapid growth. If you visit any automotive site your will find many people unhappy and there will always be some bad experiences, but some people like to make the situation worst, or maybe seem worst.

I've owned Tesla's for 5 years and I have had some frustrations with accident parts delivery, and repair, and issues with service department communications. But, overall, I am more satisfied with Tesla that I was with other manufacturers. I have personally purchased over 25 new vehicles over the past 50 years and I will buy another Tesla when the time comes.

TFL just posted another update on their Model 3 repair. I thought this one was very interesting in that the TFL guys said they have reached out to Tesla numerous times and have heard nothing in reply. As a result, several viewers have emailed them to say that they crossed Tesla off their list due to the 3 months it has taken to get their car repaired.

IMO, criticism directed at Tesla in this situation is valid. Not only should a repair not take 3 months, but then to not have a car company reply to numerous requests for help or comment? I love Tesla in general, but in this situation, I am disappointed in their response (or lack there of).

BTW, here is the link to the video:

Those guys are clowns. I’m glad they aren’t getting special treatment.

Agreed, I am one of those prospective buyers who is willing wait out longer to see if/when Tesla can address the customer service issues as well as improve their quality control. If the complaints about repair times and delivery issues (both delivery experience and build quality) persist for another 3-4 months, I'll start looking elsewhere. It has been more than a year since the Model 3 production ramp started, time to fix the secondary issues now that the production volumes have stabilized.
If you keep reading FUD, you will never buy.

VAST majority of owners are very satisfied

Reactions: juanmedina
"Intentional acts" are not covered by insurance. Technically if you knowingly ram into something it's not covered, but it is almost impossible to prove if you don't say anything. Arson is probably the most common example of this.

But if you actually tell your carrier you intentionally damaged your auto let me know if you are successful in getting your claim paid.
That is correct and I am not disagreeing with you there. This is entertainment, drama, or journalism you can choose. We really don't know how they paid for the repairs (take in mind I haven't watched the videos so they may show proof), they could have stated insurance on the video but paid out of pocket in reality. They make money off of their YouTube channel views. What better way to rack up views. I also agree on long repair times is ridiculous.

I used to work in a parts department for Nissan. It was semi-common for parts to be backordered and take forever to get. It wasn't common body parts but weird brackets or trim pieces.