TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

The "Apple-ization" of the Tesla brand!

Discussion in 'News' started by Drone Flyer, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Drone Flyer

Drone Flyer Member

Feb 22, 2016
    It looks as though Tesla is following in the footsteps of Apple in its marketing.
    It's all about anticipation and hype, like Apple.
    This isn't a bad thing, it's certainly a success story by all accounts.
    People lining up for hours before the stores open to get the first dibs at putting down a deposit.
    Very similar to the Apple stores when a new phone or product launches.The only difference of course is that with Apple, the early birds walk home with a new product.
    Perhaps Tesla might be able to offer this too someday.
    I do find it ironic that the Toronto Tesla store is located across from The Apple store and one can use the free Apple Wifi in both stores.
    Perhaps they could collaborate for future promotions?
  2. EVie'sDad

EVie'sDad Member

Mar 6, 2016
    Newark, CA
    Sadly, given the animosity between Elon+TM vs Apple, I seriously doubt any future possibilities of collaboration.
  3. Lex

Lex Member

Apr 23, 2015
    Toronto, Canada
    Yorkdale store line-up is no coincidence, you can point one store against another all day long in there, it's a brand-name hall-of-mirrors !

The Tesla approach to the customer experience is in my mind high praise to Apple. For instance you can leave the mechanical systems open and bundled in the "engine bay" or you can hide everything away under panels. Yes, you may have to get to a fuse (or a broken iPhone screen) one day, but sorry, "no user serviceable parts" inside. But when you come in, we'll take care of you.

I'm pretty sure there would have likely been collaboration and cross-polinization except for that rumoured AppleCar/iCar thang...

It is now HILARIOUS to me that the traditional car manufacturers think they can keep their oligopoly, pumping out mostly dinocars. The jig is up !
  4. Mike Strauss

Mike Strauss Member

Nov 4, 2015
    New York, NY
    well yea, Tesla and Apple are both innovative brands with state of the art of products (though Apple has been lacking recently)