Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The "Apple-ization" of the Tesla brand!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Drone Flyer

Feb 22, 2016
Canada
It looks as though Tesla is following in the footsteps of Apple in its marketing.
It's all about anticipation and hype, like Apple.
This isn't a bad thing, it's certainly a success story by all accounts.
People lining up for hours before the stores open to get the first dibs at putting down a deposit.
Very similar to the Apple stores when a new phone or product launches.The only difference of course is that with Apple, the early birds walk home with a new product.
Perhaps Tesla might be able to offer this too someday.
I do find it ironic that the Toronto Tesla store is located across from The Apple store and one can use the free Apple Wifi in both stores.
Perhaps they could collaborate for future promotions?

Yorkdale store line-up is no coincidence, you can point one store against another all day long in there, it's a brand-name hall-of-mirrors !

The Tesla approach to the customer experience is in my mind high praise to Apple. For instance you can leave the mechanical systems open and bundled in the "engine bay" or you can hide everything away under panels. Yes, you may have to get to a fuse (or a broken iPhone screen) one day, but sorry, "no user serviceable parts" inside. But when you come in, we'll take care of you.

I'm pretty sure there would have likely been collaboration and cross-polinization except for that rumoured AppleCar/iCar thang...

It is now HILARIOUS to me that the traditional car manufacturers think they can keep their oligopoly, pumping out mostly dinocars. The jig is up !

There is an amazing book called...

"Insanely Simple: The Obsession That Drives Apple's Success" by Ken Segall.

Tesla is doing/showing many concepts in that book. Simplicity is the best thing you can do as a business. Look at Tesla's product line. Look at their interior. The way they do business (you order a car online), etc. Yes they are showing signs of Apple-esque business prowess. That is a very good thing.

In fact, there are many companies out there doing the same and there is another book called...

"Think Simple: How Smart Leaders Defeat Complexity" by Ken Segall

Gives great examples of other known companies who follow the minimalistic/simplification route and how it does wonders for the business.

Tesla is pretty much the Apple of the automotive world, at least until Apple actually creates a car....

As an example: For years, Burger King allowed McDonalds to do all market research and then just located their stores near McD's. Tesla may be doing the same thing, let Apple find a good location for their target market and pop in a Tesla store next door. It is no secret that Tesla stores were modeled after Apple stores... apparently the same guy designed them (I think I read that somewhere...)

Reactions: Kacey Green