Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The demise of the OEMs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
the achieving energy independence after 40 years does not help, the oil companies will say to the govt and public, thank you for your support
o_O

View attachment 1028407
hate when that happens
I don’t like sending so much money to the Middle East for oil/gas.

Even the “drill baby drill” option sends money over there. The Saudis 100% own the largest US refinery.

Reactions: electricar

According to Reuters Fisker has reached an agreement to place senior secured convertible notes with net proceeds of $150M from existing investors. It currently has $120.9M cash and equivalents on hand.

It missed an $8.4M interest payment on March 15 but has a 30 day grace period.

This could be like Musk securing $50M from Mercedes on Christmas Eve hours before Tesla being forced into bankruptcy. But probably not.

Legacy auto sees the storm coming
Legacy should beat China at their own game and acquire the China companies and Intel that enables sub $15K vehicles to be made

Tesla and legacy auto will have to use robots and Mexico for production in order to get there
The UAW has no place in this battleground
Let’s hope usa legacy auto can get their heads out of the ground and survive
Don’t let the storm kill them

I’m confused.

GM and Ford say they see strong sales but yet many posts I see on social media state the opposite. That dealership lots are full, at 3 year highs and not moving. Channel stuffing?

And of course another EV blame game here:

The last reports says days inventory is down from 80 days in February to 76 days in March. 60 days is considered ideal.

1711570529814.png

1711570650114.png

I havent seen this posted?
F150 lightning is in real trouble.

I'm sure the mainstream media would rather do cartwheels than suggest that the cybertruck is now taking EV truck buyers attention. I reckon we will have to see 4x the CTs sold per quarter than the lightning before any mainstream media grudgingly accepts it. Will likely happen this year.