Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Junior Programmers are at it again

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why don't you cry babies go all the way and convert your various dollar types into one?
Or convert to Euro, for that matter.
We got started with that on January 1st 2002, the most recent countries converting in 2014 and 2015.

Back on topic, if it's any consolation to the Canadians, the same (only inverse) $%$#%$@#^# conversion problems happens to US drivers when we enter Canada.

He did no such thing. 0°F is the temperature of salt ice water, 100° is body temperature.

Thank you kindly.

p.s. Given that temperature is one of the few physical measurements that actually has a zero point, is insane to put 0° anywhere else...
Body temperature is actually 98.5 degrees F, not 100!
So there, Fahrenheit is full of strange numbers! Lol!

Now for US drivers in Canada where a 100 km/h sign is translated to 160 km/h, I consider a safety issue. This should be urgently addressed especially since the conversion was correct for over 3 years until mid April this year.

Well it is, and it isn't. The autopilot system isn't confused, just the console display and BONG over-speed sound. And the person driving can see the road signs for themselves and compare against the speedometer.

Why don't you cry babies go all the way and convert your various dollar types into one?
Or convert to Euro, for that matter.
We got started with that on January 1st 2002, the most recent countries converting in 2014 and 2015.
As soon as many countries start using a common currency problems crop up since they have different economies. Economic policies made for one country can be detrimental for another. Interesting fun fact. The Euro was designed with spending caps in place with the express intention of destroying the European social safety net. Some countries thrive with the Euro, whereas others with different economies struggle.

Argentina at one point pegged their peso at being equal to the US dollar. Since Argentina didn't have the same economy as the US it hurt Argentina's exports, and precipitated an economic crises, an unemployment rate of over 20%, and eventually riots and the collapse of the government.

1998–2002 Argentine great depression - Wikipedia

This is an issue for me when I'm in Canada and I live in Canada. Basically my speed limit is ALWAYS wrong. It always reads 1.6 times the actually speed limit. 50km/h actual speed shows as 80km/h in the car, 100km/h actual speed shows as 160km/h in the car.

I called and brought the car into the service center and was told an update is coming... This is seriously annoying. Anyone else have this problem in Canada? I have yet to take my vehicle to the USA. Maybe I'll try that to see if it fixes it...

Canadian AP1 70D on 17.26.76 here, can report same problem as the OP during my road trip to Oregon this week.
Speed signs in MPH not converted to kph equivalent when driving in US as they should be when metric display units are set for the car. This used to work correctly, on my last US road trip last fall. In my case unlike @Freedom101, while at home in Canada kph signs are displayed correctly. Will send a report to Tesla Support

I think you are wasting your time sending reports to Tesla. They just don't care!
I've been doing this for 4 years and not one single suggestion has been implemented.
Canada is just not on their radar I'm afraid, at least until someone gets killed with respect to the metric conversion debacle, then they will act, but not before.

Reactions: S'toon