Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The latest referral award program totally stinks!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think it's a bad thing. So many people abused the system and were paying people to use their codes. Tesla was giving out rewards with a large monetary value for something that wasn't even needed.

I'm sure there are a good amount of "real" referrals, but most that I've seen are just hey, you're already sold on buying a Telsa without me telling you, but use my code anyway. I'd just say enjoy whatever perks you can get since it's better than nothing.

Reactions: Patrick W
I believe that purchasing and convincing others to own a Tesla should come from the higher cause. Tesla has a mission and if there is anything I / we can do to help that mission I am all in, prizes or not. This is a movement for a something greater than any other. Our children, grandchildren, and their children may have a reason to thank you for what you have done, that is worth more than any prize, or material thing.

Reactions: Patrick W
For those of us that have owned Tesla's for 4-5-6-+ years...for those of us that have put, in my case $350k in Tesla's coffers - Well the latest referral program, looking specifically at number 4, really spits in our faces.

4 Qualifying Referrals:
Priority Access to Vehicle Software Updates
Be the first to experience the latest Tesla software updates with priority access to selected releases.

WTF!!! Timely software updates should NOT have to "earned" or "bribed" This is just fundamentally wrong on Tesla's part and we should speak our voices.

..and on a side note how does this even make sense when Elon publicly said "We will add a feature to allow request of latest software version"

Elon Musk on Twitter

Somebody needs to get their facts and customer relations fixed at the mother ship!!
First, Elon didn't say everyone will be able to use this feature. Apparently only people with 4 qualifying referrals. ;)
Second, don't worry, given other Elon tweetures in the queue, most Tesla early adopters will be driving non-Tesla cars by the time they get around to it.
Third, after the v9 release, they'd get more people referring is they changed the referral to "Ability to choose to never run selected releases". :p

I got lucky with referral program changes in the spring. Had my 4th referral which was for a powerwall then the program changed to 5 for a Powerwall, and I got my 5th in that period. So I have 2 powerwalls in my loot box. Now actually getting them is probably a year out.