TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

"The Model E/3 is the next thing coming." When was this announced?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Brad_NC, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Brad_NC

Brad_NC Member

What I am looking for...

A link to a statement made by Tesla...

That the Model E/3 is the next thing coming after the Model X.

(What I really want is the official date that Tesla announced this, but I want something to back it up.)

2. Grendal

Grendal Active Member

3. Brad_NC

Brad_NC Member

But, when was it announced that the Model E/3 would be the next thing after the Model X?

4. LoL Rick

LoL Rick Like Buttah

5. Bimbels

Bimbels GoldMember

I think it was always sort of understood. That is the point. It has been talked about as the "future mass market EV" for literally years. If you are talking about the "Ok folks, we are at the point where we are actually thinking of really designing the Model 3, like we've planned all along"....I'm not sure there was a eureka moment. It's been talked about for a couple of years at least because I've been waiting for it at least since then...

Originally the Model 3 was codenamed Bluestar - then model E which was challenged by Ford. They announced the current name on Twitter in July 2014 (according to Twitter.)

6. Bimbels

Bimbels GoldMember