Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The most energy efficient 20" wheels for Model 3 Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all! Lurking for a bit, but first time posting a new thread. If this has been made please redirect this thread. I will be picking up my 2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance this Saturday. If I am correct you can only have 20" wheels on the model 3 performance so I am creating this thread to help everyone obtain this specific goal for efficiency. I am asking the community with their knowledge and experience on what brand and where to get them. I know there's gotta be more efficient wheels out there that work with our model 3 performance cars properly!

Hello all! Lurking for a bit, but first time posting a new thread. If this has been made please redirect this thread. I will be picking up my 2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance this Saturday. If I am correct you can only have 20" wheels on the model 3 performance so I am creating this thread to help everyone obtain this specific goal for efficiency. I am asking the community with their knowledge and experience on what brand and where to get them. I know there's gotta be more efficient wheels out there that work with our model 3 performance cars properly!
Your incorrect, 20’s are not the only wheels that fit a performance Model 3. There are several companies that make 19’s and even 18’s that will fit. Do some reading or searching in the Interior exterior forum and you will find what you want.

Tesla OEM 19" should fit as well.

In my opinion 19" has the widest range of good tire choices and quiet a bit safer for rim damage (but by no mean immune).

The 18" require a high load range and limits some nice choices. The 19" has lower more common load range for that profile.

The Pirelli P7+ and the Bridgestone QuietTrack are super efficient.
But keep in mind high efficiency is inversely proportional to wet grip. You don't get something for nothing.

Reactions: Eagleye88
I didn't know you could get smaller rims for the performance. Tesla told me only the 20" wheels would fit on this car. I appreciate everyone that has replied so far to my thread. Is there any wheels anyone has purchased that has given them better range? I would assume a wheel fitting 18" or 19" would in theory be lighter weight in which to cause better range? However, any actual proof of better range with certain brands? Thank you!!

Lighter is better and 18 inch will give you the best efficiency.

T-S5 Forged Split 5 Spoke Wheel
2020%20Tesla%20Model%203%20Long%20Range%20(AWD)%20Performance%20EPA%20rating.png

source: For 2020, All Tesla Model 3 Versions Get New EPA Ratings

Last edited:
I dropped down from the OEM 20" to 18" Titan7 T-S5 wheels. Can't say anything yet as to range, but they are definitely lighter (18.3 lbs for the Titan7s compared to 28.75 lbs for the OEM 20"s). Also, all four of the removed tire/wheels fit inside the car with the rear seat down for the trip home from the tire shop.