Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who makes the absolute lightest and/or most efficient wheels for the Tesla Model 3 Performance, under $500 each?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But I am just playing around... I chose the Apex wheels at 18.3 lbs because not only are they light weight, but they also appear to be built stronger than the lightest wheels, since I am inevitebly going to hit a pothole or 3 during the life of these wheels, the 40 series tires are an incremental amount of insurance to reduce the occurance of bent wheels.

Thanks for the replies guys.

I ended up going with a set of FastEV EV01(+) Wheels for Tesla Model 3 18" from Aftermarket EV. I can't tell if they are the lightest to the pound or ounce, but they are a huge improvement over my stock OEM 20" Tesla wheels not only in efficiency, but ride comfort. I suspect my acceleration improved slightly, but that could also be subjective. The main thing I've noticed is that my Tesla Model 3 Performance now rides like a Cadillac or at least a Buick compared to the harsh ride I used to have.

Personally, I like the look of Tesla's OEM Aerowheels a lot, and the pop-on/pop/off covers are much easier than the FastEV pannels (each which must be screwed on with an Allen wrench). But since Tesla's Aerowheels won't work on their Tesla Model 3 Performance versions, the FastEVs were a good option for me, and I'm very happy with them.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd and tm1v2
I can't tell if they are the lightest to the pound or ounce, but they are a huge improvement over my stock OEM 20" Tesla wheels not only in efficiency, but ride comfort.
That was not due to the weight, that was due to you moving from a 20" wheel to a 18" wheel and adding a full inch of rubber between you and the road. This is well known and I don't think you'll find anyone that disputes this.

Even most racers go to 18" wheels because more compliant tires are a good thing. 20" is just about looks.

• Love
Reactions: mpgxsvcd and tm1v2
I drove my car straight home from the pickup, waited for the new wheels and tires, then swapped them so I can sell the 20s before I run over a pothole and damaged one of them. I prefer the softer feel of the 18s and I find the 255 40 18 PS4S tires are not the least misbehaved being 40 series vs shorter.