Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The most unhappy place on Earth?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's how I went into Tesla ownership... if you want to play with expensive toys then you better be ready for expensive problems, period. I lost $700 within the first 9 driven miles of ownership. I just smiled, chucked, and went about my life because it's part of the game. Don't like it? Don't play...

Don't get me wrong; Tesla should definitely stand behind their product but to expect a software company to make a close-to-perfection car is very misplaced expectations no matter how much money you gave Tesla.

You think this forum is unhappy, you should go visit the exotic car forums (lambos, ferarris, especially mclarens). The more expensive the toys, the more money is involved, the more people are gonna whine and complain. I get it, your money is hard-earned however no one is stopping us from going to buy Toyota Camrys and Honda Accords, right?

Reactions: Michael24
I love my Model S.

I HATE FSD. Worst scam I've ever bought into. $10K down the toilet. And I hate how these cars are built around FSD (cruise control is dependent on FSD, and subject to many problems as a result. Just one example.) Most of my dissatisfaction is voiced in the Autopilot forums :D
Yes I agree. Tesla should be paying us to beta test it.

My first Model S was an used 2015 I got in 2018. I was so happy with it, I decided to get a new 2023 that I ordered in 2021, just before supply chain shortages and used EVs costing more than new EVs was a thing. In 2022, I got tired of waiting and decided to buy a new Mercedes EQS off the lot.

Man, that was a mistake. It was a luxurious ride, looked good, but operating it was a miserable experience. Every feature was over-engineered, half-baked, buggy, or all three. It was operating exactly as designed. How can such an experienced and well-respected brand get it so wrong? I could rant about it for hours. After having some problem with it every other day for 4 mos, I was finally able to trade it in for the 2023 S. At that point, the used EV market crashed, and I ended up losing about $40k on the trade-in value, and my car loan rate went from 2.95% to 6.5%.

But I was so relieved to be in a car that just worked, was intelligently designed, and fully featured. I was expecting the FSD to be little more than a toy, so the fact that it was barely usable didn’t bother me. Almost a year later, and no regrets. The latest FSD updates even make it pretty usable now!

I’ve seen the Tesla complaints, and I just have to laugh. About half the time, I can’t relate. The rest of the time, I can maybe see the point, but omg is the competition so much worse!

... decided to buy a new Mercedes EQS off the lot.

Man, that was a mistake. It was a luxurious ride, looked good, but operating it was a miserable experience. Every feature was over-engineered, half-baked, buggy, or all three. It was operating exactly as designed. How can such an experienced and well-respected brand get it so wrong? I could rant about it for hours.

To give it more perspective, it would be helpful if you actually outline some of the issues you experienced with that car.

Thanks in advance.

• Love
Reactions: Dayreg