Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The party may be over as regards resale values..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

JonB

Oct 31, 2021
UK
Just for fun I've been on Cazoo and WBAC to see what my Dec 2021 M3LR is now worth. I expected it to be more than I paid due to the waiting lists and general used car madness that we are seeing, but no! For this car with 1100 miles and showroom condition, it is £47k from WBAC and - shock, horror! - £45900 from Cazoo. Had it been more than I paid I might have sold it and ordered another one so as to get the Ryzen infotainment processor and marginally improved range..

Good job I'm not really selling it, then!

Just checked tesla.com, M3 deliveries are quoted as March 2022 for all variants - that's up to 10 weeks - counts as a "wait" to me. There are people who want it now now now, these are the folk driving the "nearly new" used car market IMHO. Or not, as my OP shows!

I think expecting a anyone let alone a broker like those guys to pay more than the new price of a car with 10weeks delivery from new is a bit unrealistic even in these times.
Not saying its never happened but surely there cant be that many people prepared to pay thousands over list for a mildly used car to avoid a 10 week wait.
If so then Amazon Prime has a lot to answer for.

Reactions: Rooster6655
Just checked tesla.com, M3 deliveries are quoted as March 2022 for all variants - that's up to 10 weeks - counts as a "wait" to me. There are people who want it now now now, these are the folk driving the "nearly new" used car market IMHO. Or not, as my OP shows!

May for the basics. Don't know why but Tesla defaults to 19" wheels which are march. RWD with 18" Aero in white is May.

My 20, 11k M3P is now down to 46k WBAC. From 51k - what I paid as inventory stock in September 20 - before Christmas

It's still not even the 10%+ you could historically expect from driving off the forecourt...

More a delivery date than a wait list, anyone who orders one now unless there is a massive unexpected order will get theirs in March.

6% depreciation for a 2 month car is fairly good, mine after 30k miles has depreciated less than 10% in just over 2 years based on the recent trade in price I received but it did include the 3.5k grant at the time.

Reactions: DM206433