Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Perfect California Personalized License Plate, "SILNT" for a Tesla Owner?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you a racist? What does it matter if Chinese or not? Go educate yourself!!

Are you a racist? What does it matter if a person happens to be Chinese or not? Go educate yourself!!

I'm glad you explained it because on first glance it didn't mean anything to me :-D
Besides, if you silently drive by in stealth mode, they won't have a chance to read the plate :-D

Are you a Chinese investor by any chance?

- - - Updated - - -

To be blunt, I am sorry that you lack creativity and are envious. Perhaps you have suffered some personal and/or financial setbacks recently to cause you to write such a reply?? Last I read, the new iPhone will be the 5s. Hope you feel better and be sure to make your car pmt on time!!

Am I the only one who thinks the moderators should be deleting threads like this?

See title

Are you a racist? What does it matter if a person happens to be Chinese or not? Go educate yourself!!

- - - Updated - - -

To be blunt, I am sorry that you lack creativity and are envious. Perhaps you have suffered some personal and/or financial setbacks recently to cause you to write such a reply?? Last I read, the new iPhone will be the 5s. Hope you feel better and be sure to make your car pmt on time!!

D Gordon, settle. If you spent anytime on the forum, you'd understand the reference (thanks for providing the link, Brianman). There was nothing racist intended.

As to why no one is taking you up on your offer, perhaps you've missed the number of threads where people have shared their wildly creative license plates for their cars. Given that there are 50 states, there are plenty of ideas to choose from, without paying someone for a plate. (And imho, "slint" wouldn't make the list for one I'd put on my car. But that's just me. Even "silent" would be questionable.)

"How many times per day does someone asks you (comments) about your car?"

The article is nothing new. It is common knowledge that a lot of our US name brands, especially in retail have had their names trademarked in China and are having to pay big in order to resolve trademark issue. The Chinese also seem particularly interested in the batteries that power the electric vehicles, etc..

As fa as interest/no interest in a particular California Vanity plate ( not particularly useful if residing outside CA), if someone living in CA is interested, then I have a plate for them. As for trade/service marks, I have multiple ones registered with the USPTO that if someone on this forum would be interest in, I would also be interested in discussing an offer. One that comes to mind would be my service mark: Let us bring the world of business to you

Lastly, if the person who initially asked if I were a Chinese investor and was making a reference to an article and not a slam towards anyone particular race/nationality, then let it be "water under the bridge" and move on to talk about more interesting topics such as"How many times per day does someone asks you (comments) about your premium electric motor car????"

D Gordon, settle. If you spent anytime on the forum, you'd understand the reference (thanks for providing the link, Brianman). There was nothing racist intended.

As to why no one is taking you up on your offer, perhaps you've missed the number of threads where people have shared their wildly creative license plates for their cars. Given that there are 50 states, there are plenty of ideas to choose from, without paying someone for a plate. (And imho, "slint" wouldn't make the list for one I'd put on my car. But that's just me. Even "silent" would be questionable.)

A SILENT plate could go on any EV.

I think my AC MOTOR (Tesla) plate is much better and no nibbles yet. It lives on my Wells Cargo so it's easy to keep. Maybe it stays for our Model E. -Has anyone snatched that one yet?

I don't think you've hit a gold mine with SILNT as a vanity plate. It may be interesting but it's not like you got EV plate 000000 or something. Good luck on your sale.
Besides, if the Politicians have their way our EV's won't be "SLNT" for long. Those idiots have introduced legislation that will put "noise makers" on our cars in 2015... You know, just in case some poor hapless blind person might walk in front of one... :rolleyes:

Besides, if the Politicians have their way our EV's won't be "SLNT" for long. Those idiots have introduced legislation that will put "noise makers" on our cars in 2015... You know, just in case some poor hapless blind person might walk in front of one... :rolleyes:

My friend's Leaf has one of these! Ridiculous sounding but did not seem out of place on a Leaf. I was really pleased Tesla didn't add one.

I think the law should forbid resale or transfer of personalized plates, with the sole exception of being sold intact on an existing vehicle to a second party.

People making profits off a state-issued plate for speculative gain are lower than pond scum in my book.