Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Perfect Tesla Raffle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh but you can be here!

Physically, of course: just start driving. If you're a few minutes late, we'll hold the drawing until you're here. :)

Virtually: just go to the raffle website and click on the "watch live drawing" button. We'll probably start the live stream around 9 or 9:30 ET, as the party starts rolling. Maybe we'll move the camera around for a while to get a sense of things but as soon as we start loading the drum, we'll focus the camera on the drum and have it stay there. Hmmm. Maybe we should have people on the web monitoring for hanky panky, and provide a couple of buttons on the website, "Hanky" and "Panky" to report anything detected. :)

Glad to see a grand effort for a smooth drawing! Wish I could be there to watch my ticket be drawn ;)

Virtually: just go to the raffle website and click on the "watch live drawing" button. We'll probably start the live stream around 9 or 9:30 ET, as the party starts rolling.
If I click on the link now, livestream.com wants me to create an account/log in. When the stream starts, can we watch anonymously? I really don't want to give out my email to yet another service to spam me. I suppose I could create a throwaway email via 10minutemail.com...

PS, I'm weak. Just bought 2 more...

I don't get to say this often, but I love you for your weakness. :) THANKS!

Anonymous watching... I'll ask.

Gotta run... some CXC staff have just showed up for a fun evening of matching database printouts to actual raffle tickets that will go into the drum. We're going back in time to wax and seals to close the flaps of envelopes full of vetted raffle tickets, so that we can detect any nefarious tampering! These envelopes won't be opened again until the seals are broken on live stream.

Alan

If I click on the link now, livestream.com wants me to create an account/log in. When the stream starts, can we watch anonymously? I really don't want to give out my email to yet another service to spam me. I suppose I could create a throwaway email via 10minutemail.com...

PS, I'm weak. Just bought 2 more...

Ok, I'm in! I waited until the last few hours to jump in. Ticket# very close to 1600! Alan, I think you might just sell out by tomorrow night!

My girlfriend also bought a ticket last week. So we have two chances to win. But we'll be out in the city tomorrow night, so I can't watch the live feed. I hope it will be archived so we can watch it later.

Thanks Alan for all your hard work!!

(Also, please make sure my ticket doesn't get 'stuck' :) )

Very excited - great raffle - great cause. I have been holding out for the Model 3 (more my price range) and will be putting my name on the waiting list in March (or whenever available) - and hoping that my 14 year old Volvo will hold out until they are actually available. Wife has 180,000 on her Honda (and will be looking for a new car at some point), got two kids in college and a wedding in the next year to pay for - so winning this would be very very very cool. Good Luck everyone (but especially me) !!!!!!

I refuse to permit stuck tickets. That just isn't right.

Archived - yes, for 30 days. We're looking at copying it somewhere permanently, because it's hard to imagine the history of the 21st century being written without an entire chapter devoted to Climate XChange. :)

Ok, I'm in! I waited until the last few hours to jump in. Ticket# very close to 1600! Alan, I think you might just sell out by tomorrow night!

My girlfriend also bought a ticket last week. So we have two chances to win. But we'll be out in the city tomorrow night, so I can't watch the live feed. I hope it will be archived so we can watch it later.

Thanks Alan for all your hard work!!

(Also, please make sure my ticket doesn't get 'stuck' :) )

LOL but sad that I don't know how to devise a raffle where everybody walks away with something. I'm open to suggestions.

Well, I hope to be receiving a call from you tomorrow night (or the following morning), Alan! :cool:

But seriously though, should we start a unlucky raffle participants group here on TMC for the 99.95% of us that don't win? :wink:

- - - Updated - - -

I'm working on a list of opening lines.

"Do you have Prince Albert in a can?"

"We're calling from the Nobel Committee."

"This is Beyoncé. My car broke down outside your house. I'm cold and need to get warm. Could you let me in, please?"

I don't either, but I figure if someone is calling from outside my area code that late at night tomorrow night, I better answer :biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

You may not be the only one who prefers not to create yet another stupid frickin' account for no seemingly good reason. No, no chip on my shoulder.

We're gonna sign up for the $99 version of the service that should let everyone watch without registering first.

I mean, c'mon, can't you imagine the excitement of webcasting the Climate XChange board meetings?

Don't stress on my account. 10minutemail.com is an option if I really care. Plus, I'm visiting family, so I probably can't tear myself away to watch anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably my cell (617) or Jessica's cell (781).

Although we have a family friend here with her boyfriend to help with the party and raffle and webcast, and they're from Syracuse, maybe we'll use one of their phones... :)

Oh, wild guess here, that it's a 781 area code. Possibly 781-436-something. ;)

If not 781, than most likely 617, 978, or 508.

Those are the numbers I'll be looking for tomorrow night!