Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Process to Tesla ownership

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tonight I officially began the process to Tesla ownership:

Nema14-50R.JPG

This springs project was to finish the interior of the garage... seemed logical to install the NEMA 14-50R now. Anything else I should do to prepare?

-JeffBC

Find a hobby to keep you occupied for the next two months or you'll spend every spare moment on this forum! I ordered a 50 amp, 30 ft rv extension cord on Amazon. Figure it could come in handy if i ever need to use someone's dryer outlet to charge. I also ordered nice floor mats (I ordered the ones from Tesla). I also ordered a ChargePoint card...other than those little "accessory" things, an outlet and the car and you should be set!

Anything else I should do to prepare?

You're missing a few items

• dual pole 50 amp breaker
  • clamps for the knockout in the recepticle box (you don't want wire going through the knockout without a clamp, over time that may wear and short=fire!)
  • clamps for knockout in the breaker box
  • staples for affixing the 6/3 cable to your house framing
  • screws (hah, ok I'll assuming you have some of these....lol)

Living in the Northeast if you are getting 21" wheel/tire set you might want to get some 19" wheels and order some all season or snow tires now. Off season you can get some good deals on snows at tire rack.