Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The reason 7 seats are now coming to the Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
perhaps they'll put the middle row on sliders so they can be slid closer to the front row. Then rows two and three can share in compromised legroom. To me the MY is a compact crossover, and if you really want a practical 3 row CUV then you have to move up to a midsize car. The other idea would be to extend the wheelbase of the MY to fit a decent 3rd row, but I wouldn't place any bets on that idea.

Having the second row on rails is the cheapest, lightest way to go vs. all new design with flip/fold.In terms of room, this reminds me of the old Dodge/Plymouth Colt Vista 3rd row. You'll sit rear end down/knees up.

Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 9.02.23 AM.png

This picture make me wonder if Tesla will ever make a passenger van or cargo van type of vehicle?

Also I am still puzzle about what kimd of vehicle the Boring Company will use in Las Vegas?
The Model Y seems a good compromise, as the Model 3 is a little bit low and more difficult to exit, and the Model X is more costly. A more conventional passenger van with sliding doors would be more appropriate.

I am sorry to cover several subjects but the 7 Seat Model Y seems to be only practical for little kids.
May be there will be an extended Model Y version in the future (like Peugeot did with the 508 or 5008)?

Last edited: