Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The screen doesn't turn off and the car doesn't lock

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys. For some reason this happens randomly. When I exit the car, sometimes the screen doesn't turn off when I close the driver's door. It does show the door as closed, and it is closed because I properly shut it. Yet, the screen doesn't turn off - and the car doesn't lock when this happens.

So every time I exit the car, I always have to double check if the screen turned off, otherwise the car may remain unlock (as it did many times, especially when my wife drives it and doesn't double check).

The door is properly shut. If I open the app and close it from the app, it will lock.

Btw, the main issue is that someone can enter the car and open the trunk and frunk, and it doesn't require a password to do so. So many times when we leave, the car stays open and doesn't lock, we risk having things stolen like that.

I have seen some people have issues with the occupancy sensor in the drivers seat, reporting this type of behavior. If you are still under warranty, might be worth putting in a service request, after you can verify a specific date / time this happened ( so they can find it in the logs for the car) and ask them to check it.

This did happen to me: screen, music, daytime running lights, ac on... In my case it was the drivers seat sensor that was bad, the car thought I was still sitting in it... They replaced the seat sensor and all is fine since

EDIT: And I was beat by 5 seconds :)

Lol....

I think yours was one of the accounts I remembered while typing that out.

Reactions: GtiMart