Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Successful First All Civilian Orbital Flight - Inspiration4 Post Landing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Grendal

SpaceX Moderator
Jan 31, 2012
Santa Fe, New Mexico
The fifth episode of the Netflix documentary about Inspiration4 will drop on September 30th. There will probably be interviews with crew members about their experiences. So discuss and share them here. One of the main goals was to raise money for St. Judes. That goal has been reached and exceeded with the help of Jared Isaacman ($100 million) and Elon Musk ($50 million).

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: EVCollies
The I4 crew visit the booster that got them to the edge of space.
1632290474951.png

Interesting how watching the opening of the cupola video makes that whole thing awfully tangible and real. I'm in no danger of making a meaningful contribution to a $200M ride like that. But another decade of Starship and experience doing flights like that to bring the costs down - maybe I can be like number 10,000 or 100,000 in line for that experience. That'd be unreal.

Or heck - maybe a moon base will get a hotel and shuttle service going at a 'reasonable' cost. Anybody for a week long vacation on the moon!?! Just as long as there's a window to look out of on the way there and back.