Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The time line for Connecticut / UI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everybody,

I started solar project at the end of August, Tesla got a permit early in October, now they didn't send yet a state rebait and the interconnection application. They mentioned that installation isn't going to happen in 2020 and say that they wait for utility company, but really didn't submit documentation to UI. Does anybody have an experience on how to make Tesla working?

Hello, I live in CT and just got my final approval / PTO. My electrical provider is Eversource not UI. I placed my order on 6/20 and they did not submit the interconnection application until 9/17. It took almost 3 months to get that far. Things moved quickly after that but I had to keep on top of Tesla and the utility company to make sure things were moving along. I know all the waiting with no updates can be irritating.

My timeline so far (live in CT with Eversource as electric supplier).
8/6 - Placed order for solar roof
8/12 - Permit request started with town
8/23 - Interconnection request started with Eversource
9/18 - Permitting with town complete
9/30 - Interconnection approved
11/14 - Received a text message that the install is scheduled for 3/8/2021

Last edited:
I am planning to move to Norwalk or Danbury, CT. Which electric company has the best rate for charge electric vehicle at home? Or there is only Eversource that service the area? Thanks.

I think Norwalk is serviced by EverSource only. Unfortunately CT TOU residential rates are almost non existent. Theoretically it exists but the difference between peak and non peak time is almost nothing.