Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The wait for transport.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Mrcarcrazy

In need of a shrinking gun to zap a plaid with.
May 22, 2019
South Padre Island, Tx
Hello fellow Texans. My car is apparently hanging out in Southern Cali waiting for a car transporter to bring it to Texas. I paid for it on Thursday so hoping it ships to Tx by Monday. I assume 2-3 days as it’s about 20hrs drive based on where I’m assuming the car is. Then the big question is how long will it take San Antonio to inspect the car and get 3rd party transport arranged.

I’m hoping it will be here by next weekend. But we shall see.

Info:
ordered: 5/25
Paid for:6/13

Some Texas laws drive me nuts.

FWIW, we ordered our second LR RWD Model 3 on March 18 this year. All details were complete on the website 2 days later (the 20th). They tried to push an inventory car via a phone call on the 26th, when I confirmed I wanted my car as ordered they took full payment on March 27. On the 28th I received the FedEx package of registration forms.

They pushed to deliver on the 31st to get it in the first quarter, but things kept getting later and I refused the offer of a home delivery midnight Sunday the 31st. I was out of town till April 10, and I had a flawless home delivery on the 11th.

Relax, they will bust a gut to get it to you by June 30 (unless you ordered something ‘off the menu’.)

You may try offering to have them provide you a Lyft ride to the SA delivery center, then you can enjoy the ride home in your new .....what did you order?

FWIW, we ordered our second LR RWD Model 3 on March 18 this year. All details were complete on the website 2 days later (the 20th). They tried to push an inventory car via a phone call on the 26th, when I confirmed I wanted my car as ordered they took full payment on March 27. On the 28th I received the FedEx package of registration forms.

They pushed to deliver on the 31st to get it in the first quarter, but things kept getting later and I refused the offer of a home delivery midnight Sunday the 31st. I was out of town till April 10, and I had a flawless home delivery on the 11th.

Relax, they will bust a gut to get it to you by June 30 (unless you ordered something ‘off the menu’.)

You may try offering to have them provide you a Lyft ride to the SA delivery center, then you can enjoy the ride home in your new .....what did you order?
I ordered a white on white P3D. We have a VIN and everything.

I’m 5hrs From San Antonio. Hence the home delivery. I’m hoping for this week. But I’m expecting next week.

Well, is it there yet?
Lol. He didn't respond to my emails so I called him at 1630 his time. It was a cpl hours from San Antonio at that time. So in the AM I’m thinking I’ll start harassing the San Antonio service center. Gotta get my delivery ASAP!

He said it could take up to 7-10days after it gets to San Antonio. I say, look the car over and maybe wipe the drool off the window. Then send it south.

Is this your first Tesla? Have you already driven or been exposed to Model 3s?
Yes, First Tesla! Don’t let me down Elon!

I have ridden in a long range RWD once. That is the limit of my exposure to the Tesla brand. (I’m a long time owner of a Lotus Elise which is the base car of the original roadster.) I should use base car lightly.

A few people at work have Tesla’s. But I’ve only spoken to 2 of them. Both are model 3’s. One LR RWD, one SR. Oddly the one I rode in was a random guy I met at a furniture store.

I had to sell the wife on the idea as it will replace her BMW. She still thinks I’m a little crazy. Haha. She will come around.

She will come around when she realizes how thrifty it is to fuel and drive! The Google Maps navigation is VERY easy to set destinations using voice commands. We had a Mercedes ML350 a few years ago and it was impossible.

If she drives it enough to get used to the regenerative braking she will come around, trust me!

Reactions: Mrcarcrazy
She will come around when she realizes how thrifty it is to fuel and drive! The Google Maps navigation is VERY easy to set destinations using voice commands. We had a Mercedes ML350 a few years ago and it was impossible.

If she drives it enough to get used to the regenerative braking she will come around, trust me!
I feel that I may have gone a bit overboard with the performance model. But I felt like i didn’t have a choice since you can’t add a tune and get 50-100 hp. I’m that guy who always wants more power.

Have you already ordered the floor mats? Do you have your charging figured out?

We had our home built 4 years ago and had them put in a 50 amp dryer outlet in the garage - works great with the mobile charger cable supplied with the car!

Since we have two I plug the other car into a standard 110 plug. It is slow (5 mph) but usually we take longer driving days together!

AB0D48D7-1032-444B-BF81-A45A36BC6B8D.jpeg
Got a HPWC from a member here and installed it a cpl weekends ago.

Floor mats, no. I think the P3D comes with some. I may order some other ones. Not sure.

Thinking I may order a wireless charger for my phone tonight. Also want some sort of vinyl for console. Considering carbon fiber. But would want it to match OEM spoiler.

Edit: oh and a big thing I’m trying to figure out is SSD vs thumbdrive vs SD card for dashcam and sentry mode

Have you already ordered the floor mats? Do you have your charging figured out?

We had our home built 4 years ago and had them put in a 50 amp dryer outlet in the garage - works great with the mobile charger cable supplied with the car!

Since we have two I plug the other car into a standard 110 plug. It is slow (5 mph) but usually we take longer driving days together!

Last edited:
View attachment 421469 Got a HPWC from a member here and installed it a cpl weekends ago.

Floor mats, no. I think the P3D comes with some. I may order some other ones. Not sure.

Thinking I may order a wireless charger for my phone tonight. Also want some sort of vinyl for console. Considering carbon fiber. But would want it to match OEM spoiler.

Edit: oh and a big thing I’m trying to figure out is SSD vs thumbdrive vs SD card for dashcam and sentry mode

Hi

You can try our new all weather floor mats for Model 3. They have been very well received by the market and everyone who has bought them loves them for the quality and value. Most importantly, you are getting the right amount of protection for what is expected from a set of all weather mats.

Now they are on special for $79.99 on amazon. You can check out the forum responses.

Vendor - Road Comforts All Weather Custom Fit Mats - $79.99 for Model 3

link to Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MGXB2G4

Thanks!

Reactions: Mrcarcrazy
Where is the photo of your car? Or are you too busy driving to waste time on your computer?
I wish! I haven’t gotten a call from the transport company....no car so far. Called my Tesla Rep and left a voicemail, guessing he’s not there today which is odd as he told me to email him when the car arrives today and he would unlock the app.

Called Tesla San Antonio, my rep, emailed my rep. Not really sure what else to try. Starting to think I’ve been lied to.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting about both of those options!

I like the looks of both. And price is much more reasonable than the maxpider! Decisions decisions!

2 different styles of mats. I like the Maxpider because they're fitted and come up the sides of the footwell.

If you just want flat mats that leave the edges of the carpet exposed, the road comforts are a much better price than what Tesla asks for. I've got the ToughPRO mats for the cargo areas which are similar and have been very good.