Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Theres no other 70d on ev-cpo other than the 1 i ordered.. why?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just put a deposit down yesterday for a 2015 70D. Is there a reason this is more rare? It was the only 70D being sold on CPO. Why arent there very many people that have this exact model level? Was there only a limited run before it was replaced with a different model? (i'm somewhat new to the tesla world)

Also looking at the achieve and sorting by price, I just realize mine is the #1 cheapest 70d ever sold.. though mine is pretty basic with no AP enabled + cloth seats

My 70D is just about to turn 3 on May 22nd. I was one of the first ones to order one, so, there simply might not be as many getting out of a lease, etc.

Now, if you can wait until November 22 (I extended the lease 6 months) and my fortune continue with the car I will post it here online for sale. I have babied it. One small tire rash and currently 37,000 miles on it which should not get much higher due to my busy work season. My hope is it will end up with someone from the boards who will appreciate what good shape it is in. It's too nice to set back into the pen.

Mostly it comes down to timing in both how long we've had the car, and for a car to trade it in for.

Most 70D's weren't sold till the middle or end of 2015. So that means people are only now approaching the 3 year mark. Where a lot of people like myself have a resale guarantee. My resale guarantee starts in June, and ends in August. So I have those months to decide what to do.

The Model 3 AWD version is still not available to order. It was supposed to this weekend, but it hasn't happened yet.

But, even if it was it would still be a dilemma

AP2 still has problematic phantom braking events, and it really doesn't do much that AP1 doesn't do. So it wouldn't be a dramatic upgrade.
The HID lights of 2015 with the lighting package is BETTER than the LED ones.
The Next-Gen seats are really nice.
The heated steering wheel is the bomb.
The coil suspension is great.
The battery degradation has been extremely minimal even with 38K miles.

I can probably get around $53K (thereabouts) from a private party, but is that really enough?

I might just keep it since it's been great.
Or I might trade it in for a Model 3 AWD.

I'm pretty skeptical of the CPO program though so I might sell it privately. At least that way the new owner can test drive the car, inspect it, and doesn't spend a ton of extra money for what amounts to hardly any work on Tesla's part. I would still recommend that the buyer gets an extended warranty even though I haven't had any issues with it. The new buyer would have about a year and/or 12K miles to decide.

So as a third answer to your question I'd say that owners are looking to sell privately. I might even go the consignment route.

I do realize it's kinda silly to care so much about car to worry about what happens after I let go of it. I would just feel bad for it to go through the CPO program. It might end up as a service loaner, and that would be horrible.

Lately I've been driving my Jeep. Mostly so I can unbond from the car.

Last edited: