Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thermal storage and load shifting: Ice Energy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AC is the lions share of my energy consumption so when replacing my AC this next coming spring it is really making me reach out and do my homework.

In a nutshell an ice block is created at night when power is cheaper and cooler and expended during peak times. At this point I haven't started putting together the numbers but not all my decisions are cost based but must be somewhat sound and fit into my energy theme.

Looks like it qualifies for storage incentives as well.

Has anyone have some input on this? The company Home - Ice Energy - Ice Bear System Storage Solution ?

Thanks!

S

1. Improve your insulation and air leakage. If you make the envelope real tight add an HRV or ERV
2. Buy a highly efficient A/C heat pump or two
3. Do a little time shifting to increase (2)'s COP
4. Run the AC off PV if you locale is sunny enough

1. Improve your insulation and air leakage. If you make the envelope real tight add an HRV or ERV
2. Buy a highly efficient A/C heat pump or two
3. Do a little time shifting to increase (2)'s COP
4. Run the AC off PV if you locale is sunny enough

Hi Sage, I live near Sacramento so I get allot of sun and heat. Even in the 115 degree heat last summer our bill was only $250 solar factored out, improvements completed. Thermostat is permanently pinned to 73 degrees

1- Done along with spray foam, new insulated roof installed with PV. Did wonders for comfort.
2- That's this process now, the system is faded.
3- I will with technology
4- done.