Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

THEY LOST MY MODEL 3!!!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered car 11/28. Los Angeles. No Trade in. Got VIN 12/6. Went on website, paid full balance. Got insurance.

Delivery 12/20 8am-10AM. Kept practice closed, made new appointments for patients. Sat at home for 3 hours. NO CAR.

I called last week to ask if its home delivery or store delivery. They kept saying don't worry, its HOME DELIVERY.

Last night, website updated to say delivery at 8AM. NO CAR

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
Call Local Delivery center at 10:30am. Speak to Brittany, who is annoyed that I called her. Asks for VIN, I give it. 20 minute on hold. She says her computer is down.

"I don't know why they send you text and gave you delivery, we are understaffed, let me see if I can find your car"

25 more minutes hold. "Sorry Computer down, I will call you back"

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
Ordered car 11/28. Los Angeles. No Trade in. Got VIN 12/6. Went on website, paid full balance. Got insurance.

Delivery 12/20 8am-10AM. Kept practice closed, made new appointments for patients. Sat at home for 3 hours. NO CAR.

I called last week to ask if its home delivery or store delivery. They kept saying don't worry, its HOME DELIVERY.

Sorry about the trouble and I hope they find your car. Just curious, what configuration did you order?

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
I am curious why they want you to show up on Saturday if they do not know where your car is?

The do know where the car is. They just aren't sure when the logistics folks will get it to them and they are guessing before Saturday.

Welcome to the club. Many of us have been through the same experience. Just don't blame the delivery center folks, they doing what they can with the lack of information they are given.

And if you are in Raleigh NC you should expect there to be aesthetic issues that the delivery center will not have time to correct after the cross country journey unless, maybe, it is already somewhere close by on the east coast.

The next 10 days are going to be apeshit crazy as Tesla tries to deliver as many cars as possible before the end of the year.

Reactions: Dana1

I can assure you they are going to close your sale and you will get your car certainly before Dec 31, 2018. Unfortunately your in this huge mess of sales that are taking place.
See text I just got at lunch.

I realize this is not funny, but I just got this text
I found somebody's car at one minute before noon today,

Attachments

• upload_2018-12-20_13-20-50.png
    upload_2018-12-20_13-20-50.png
    546.8 KB · Views: 162
When I have trouble with customer service people about deliveries (haven't had this with Tesla delivery however) and I'm not getting a satisfactory answer on the phone I always escalate this up to a manager level. Sometimes helps, sometimes not. Sounds like the person you reached is stressed out which I get for the end of quarter and especially end of year deliveries, but she shouldn't have expressed it to you. They are human but still. How frustrating to have put everything in place like you did (work, financing, insurance) only to not have the car delivered to you. Hope you get delivery today and all is well.

Not this is the same level but have had delivery companies like UPS/FedEx/USPS state something is out for delivery and I've waited all day at home to not have it delivered, even called to find out what the story is which by evening no one is working in the local dispatch office, and then after midnight the site gets updated to show delivery the next day. Only occasionally had the package lost or even misdelivered. Wasting your time for scheduled deliveries that don't happen is extremely frustrating so understand your multiple posts all too well.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: neroden and Donz_S
I remember when I picked up my 3 on May 8th. Showroom was quiet, I was the only customer, I had their full attention. Delivery process took a nice relaxed 15 minutes with lots of Q and A.

Now they have at least 30 Model 3s in their lot, some even parked on the grass, awaiting delivery.

I think it is dishonest and disingenuous of Tesla to hurry up and cram in as many deliveries as possible at the end of the quarter. Yes, I realize it has to happen in THIS quarter for tax credit purposes, but otherwise, stop the end of quarter rush. Let the deliveries happen when they happen, and in a few quarters it will all smooth out, without having to artificially inflate the numbers.

If people were so worried about the tax credit, they shouldn't have held out for a 35,000 dollar car this long. Your fault.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: neroden and P85_DA
I think it is dishonest and disingenuous of Tesla to hurry up and cram in as many deliveries as possible at the end of the quarter. Yes, I realize it has to happen in THIS quarter for tax credit purposes, but otherwise, stop the end of quarter rush. Let th

This is not a normal car company, its TECH. I used to be in Tech and every end of quarter was treated just like this. Get the numbers out and shipped. I don't think it will change ever. My experience was 34 years ago. It was life changing when I left. I don't miss it a bit. The 7500 is ancillary to that whole issue of being a Tech company. Yes important, but in a couple weeks it'll be relax a bit and the quarter starts all over again. Until your like Apple and you have so much cash your drowning in it. Then you can relax all quarter. Even Apple though I bet does not relax.

• Disagree
Reactions: neroden
Did they look under the bed?

Seriously, I hope they resolve this for you quickly.
I certainly hope so. :(

I am curious why they want you to show up on Saturday if they do not know where your car is?
I am not sure. I asked them multiple times do you not have the car there? Will the car come on Saturday? They keep saying "we are short handed." I am ok, if they are short handed, but I feel they are giving me the runaround with "we can't find your car, call Saturday."

If you think this is bad, wait until you need it serviced.....
Sigh.

ACSOFM: All Complex Systems Operate in the Failure Mode.
Especially when they are doing it for the first time, and are understaffed.
Good luck,
Robin
Thank you

Sorry about the trouble and I hope they find your car. Just curious, what configuration did you order?
White/Black, EAP, Long Range, Optional Wheels.

The do know where the car is. They just aren't sure when the logistics folks will get it to them and they are guessing before Saturday.

Welcome to the club. Many of us have been through the same experience. Just don't blame the delivery center folks, they doing what they can with the lack of information they are given.

And if you are in Raleigh NC you should expect there to be aesthetic issues that the delivery center will not have time to correct after the cross country journey unless, maybe, it is already somewhere close by on the east coast.

The next 10 days are going to be apeshit crazy as Tesla tries to deliver as many cars as possible before the end of the year.

IF they know where they car is, they can be helpful and just tell me a different date, instead of giving me the run around? Up till last night, I confirmed and they said yes 8am-10am delivery time.

I can assure you they are going to close your sale and you will get your car certainly before Dec 31, 2018. Unfortunately your in this huge mess of sales that are taking place.
See text I just got at lunch.

I realize this is not funny, but I just got this text
I found somebody's car at one minute before noon today,
Funny text you got.

When I have trouble with customer service people about deliveries (haven't had this with Tesla delivery however) and I'm not getting a satisfactory answer on the phone I always escalate this up to a manager level. Sometimes helps, sometimes not. Sounds like the person you reached is stressed out which I get for the end of quarter and especially end of year deliveries, but she shouldn't have expressed it to you. They are human but still. How frustrating to have put everything in place like you did (work, financing, insurance) only to not have the car delivered to you. Hope you get delivery today and all is well.

Not this is the same level but have had delivery companies like UPS/FedEx/USPS state something is out for delivery and I've waited all day at home to not have it delivered, even called to find out what the story is which by evening no one is working in the local dispatch office, and then after midnight the site gets updated to show delivery the next day. Only occasionally had the package lost or even misdelivered. Wasting your time for scheduled deliveries that don't happen is extremely frustrating so understand your multiple posts all too well.
I escalated to the manager, and that is when I got the "Can you come Saturday." When I pressed what time, they wouldn't say anything. They just couldn't wait to get me off the phone, that was their attitude.

BTW noticed you were posting about a delivery scheduled for this morning and still within the 8am-10am window when you posted. Kind of confused.

Is your car on its way to you but stuck in LA morning traffic?
Car was ordered for my vacation home in Raleigh. Delivery time was for EST.

I think it is dishonest and disingenuous of Tesla to hurry up and cram in as many deliveries as possible at the end of the quarter. Yes, I realize it has to happen in THIS quarter for tax credit purposes, but otherwise, stop the end of quarter rush. Let the deliveries happen when they happen, and in a few quarters it will all smooth out, without having to artificially inflate the numbers.

If people were so worried about the tax credit, they shouldn't have held out for a 35,000 dollar car this long. Your fault.
Agreed. It is a 5th car for me. It isn't something I need. Just don't waste my time, with delivery dates, etc, if you can't deliver it. I had no issue taking delivery later. But this is just silly.