Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

THEY LOST MY MODEL 3!!!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the delivery center is getting slammed right now. I am in the similar situation, got VIN number and was supposed to take delivery last Sat, that day went by and no update on their side. I had to call them to find out that they don't have my car and they have no idea where my car is. I have a new delivery date of 12/23 on my account..will see if that's the case or not >.<

Brittany was my Delivery Advisor as well, if you're picking up at Marina. Other than me being able to tell she was in a bit of a rush showing me the car, she was pleasant. Sorry you had that experience .
This is Brittany in Raleigh. Without being politically incorrect, if you can picture a DMV employee in Inglewood, CA, that is how MY Brittany is. Same attitude, same looks.

Brittany at Marina is world's different ;)

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
People have two choices. Endure this EOY rush and get their $7500 Tax Credit or delay your delivery into late January 2019 and avoid the rush...guess what most people choose.

While it is a bit chaotic, most of the details seem to be getting smoothed out, but perhaps with some drama in between.

They are delivering over a thousand vehicles every day. Busy-Busy.

UPDATE as of 7:15 PM:

Manager says "I don't know why your delivery was at 8AM. We don't even open till 10AM. I have 31 cars at my parking lot 40 miles away. I don't even have a way to get them to our delivery center here. If you are willing to go to that parking lot, we have located your car, we have a security guy there, you can pick it up. I have 7 people willing to pick up their car there tomorrow morning, if you want, you can be person #8. That is my best we can do, please take or leave it."

Looks like will make another go at it, tomorrow morning.

@91355White3

Welcome to the Sugar Show

Start 12 seconds in.

Sorry, couldn't resist. I went through this at the end of the last quarter. I still don't have free Super Charging, or my referral code applied yet, or any due bill items dealt with, because they didn't create one after home delivery. I'd go to SC, not take home delivery.

Good luck!

Manager says "I don't know why your delivery was at 8AM. We don't even open till 10AM. I have 31 cars at my parking lot 40 miles away. I don't even have a way to get them to our delivery center here. If you are willing to go to that parking lot, we have located your car, we have a security guy there, you can pick it up. I have 7 people willing to pick up their car there tomorrow morning, if you want, you can be person #8. That is my best we can do, please take or leave it."

If your quote of the manager is verbatim, that's pretty rude. I can understand unexpected stuff happens in any system or company, but how you take care of the customer who was inconvenienced, especially considering the $ size of the transaction involved, is important. I'm sorry for your experience.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden and Eevee
Hi,

I ended up getting my model 3 today (with a cracked rear windshield, loose door, and some paint job mistakes). They were giving me the run around for the past two weeks. I ended up going in yesterday and demanded to speak with the manager - told him, I am not leaving here without my car. He found another car that fit my order and changed my VIN and asked me to pick up my car today. I went in to pick up my car and they found my old car... So they ended up changing the vin again (it took me another 2-3 hours to change to vin on all my paperwork). finally driving home with my new car and I am already loving it!! Also still worried about the paint job and the rear windshield that are still pending...

My point is... Just go there and refuse to leave until they find you our car or a similar car.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden

Wow! So they are going to have you drive 40 miles to pick up a car, which probably hasn't been detailed at all. I'd probably do it though for the tax credit. Hopefully they will still clean the car up for you.

Sorry just irritated that they aren't being helpful. And they are acting as if its MY fault!

Eh, don't take it personally - Tesla sales sucks. Just keep following up and get your car.

Think of it as ordering something from Lowe's or Home Depot. That's the level of service people tend to get.

The product though is amazing and it's still better than dealing with a traditional dealership.

Reactions: Donz_S
Thank you for the well wishes

Sounds like I need it

@91355White3

Welcome to the Sugar Show

Start 12 seconds in.

Sorry, couldn't resist. I went through this at the end of the last quarter. I still don't have free Super Charging, or my referral code applied yet, or any due bill items dealt with, because they didn't create one after home delivery. I'd go to SC, not take home delivery.

Good luck!

Eh, don't take it personally - Tesla sales sucks. Just keep following up and get your car.

Think of it as ordering something from Lowe's or Home Depot. That's the level of service people tend to get.

The product though is amazing and it's still better than dealing with a traditional dealership.
Appreciate it

Not taking it personal. Just was annoyed they wasted so much of my time .... we shall see in 10 hours

If your quote of the manager is verbatim, that's pretty rude. I can understand unexpected stuff happens in any system or company, but how you take care of the customer who was inconvenienced, especially considering the $ size of the transaction involved, is important. I'm sorry for your experience.
It is exact quote

I literally typed to myself all day today everything they said on the phone

They have been rude all day . Sigh

As if they are only doing me a favor

Interestingly my contacts all via email and order person who were so helpful, none have returned calls or emails today

• Informative
Reactions: neroden