Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

THEY LOST MY MODEL 3!!!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FINAL UPDATE:

3.5 HOURS AND WE ARE HOME!!!

There were people from Savannah, Atlanta, Charleston, everyone had driven 4-5 hours and made my 40 mile seem normal.

They called my name and I came up.

Representative: Sir do you have an appointment?

ME: Yes, your store in Raleigh made it yesterday.

Representative: no, it was made last night. We don't have any of your paperwork and we don't have your car.

ME: This is my second delivery, please see what you can do.

3 trucks pull in with full Tesla 3, and X.

Representative:Maybe your car is in there. Do you have trades?

ME: Here is my printed paperwork. All paid, no trades, easy transaction.

Representative:Let them unload the car, maybe yours is there.

WAIT.

All cars unloaded, I go and say "Can you check if my car is there"

Representative: we are so short handed, are you able to walk and see if you can find your own car?

ME: Ok, sure will do that.

One of the truck that unloaded my car, right in front of me!!!! VIN MATCHES. WOOHOO.

ME: Sir, here is my car.

Representative: Ok I will see if someone can clean and inspect it for you.

At this point I go outside next to my car. A porter/cleaner comes and yells: "HEY DOC, remember me, I was at your clinic last year, I didn't know you are getting a Tesla. Give me 30 minutes, I will take care of it."

Me: THANK YOU.

Porter cleans my car, all inspections looks good. I walk around all good. Go inside, sign paperwork, drive home.

LOVE THE CAR. GLAD THIS PROCESS IS OVER. Pics attached

Attachments

• home 2.jpg
    home 2.jpg
    422.3 KB · Views: 145
  • home1.jpg
    home1.jpg
    467.9 KB · Views: 127
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    443.7 KB · Views: 125
Thank you. Making plans for a 1100 mile holiday drive in it

So happy to see it’s home now. Be sure to try out your MCU with your adapters (assume J1772 is the most common there) and also charge at a Supercharger before leaving for your trip. Was helping a newbie Model 3 owner today (only had it 3 days) while I was at a Supercharger and she was having trouble charging...her first time. Turns out she has a bad charge port and/or charge port door and had to drive it to nearby service. Better to make sure every thing works when close to home just in case as stuff like this does happen. Hope you have a happy holiday and enjoy the drive.

Funny story about your patient. Small world. And interesting to hear about the locations of new owners coming to pick up their car. Saw another carrier full of Model 3s on the highway today. They really are working hard to get them out to people. Too bad it’s so stressful for employees and new owners alike.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the pointers
Much appreciated

Small world indeed! He cleaned it and let me “PDI” it very closely . Glad to see arrived with no damage - given the horror stories

Happy holiday to you!

Just went to the garage got the Tesla App working and Bluetooth synced

So happy to see it’s home now. Be sure to try out your MCU with your adapters (assume J1772 is the most common there) and also charge at a Supercharger before leaving for your trip. Was helping a newbie Model 3 owner today (only had it 3 days) while I was at a Supercharger and she was having trouble charging...her first time. Turns out she has a bad charge port and/or charge port door and had to drive it to nearby service. Better to make sure every thing works when close to home just in case as stuff like this does happen. Hope you have a happy holiday and enjoy the drive.

Funny story about your patient. Small world. And interesting to hear about the locations of new owners coming to pick up their car. Saw another carrier full of Model 3s on the highway today. They really are working hard to get them out to people. Too bad it’s so stressful for employees and new owners alike.

Enjoyed the thread, especially since it had a happy ending. Your car is an absolute beauty and you'll always have a story to tell.

During my November delivery, I had to keep in mind Tesla is just overwhelmed and that they are really trying to cope. When I got my car, it was good enough to make me forget/think the headaches were worth it.

Enjoyed the thread, especially since it had a happy ending. Your car is an absolute beauty and you'll always have a story to tell.

During my November delivery, I had to keep in mind Tesla is just overwhelmed and that they are really trying to cope. When I got my car, it was good enough to make me forget/think the headaches were worth it.
Thank you

Loving the drive everyday.

Had a problem earlier today, trunk wouldn't close at all. Searched all the forums, did all the tricks, trunk not closing.

Aside from that, car is great, and loving it

Reactions: Olds442
Eh, don't take it personally - Tesla sales sucks. Just keep following up and get your car.

Think of it as ordering something from Lowe's or Home Depot. That's the level of service people tend to get.

Home Depot, maybe, but I get better service than that from Lowe's.

I think they're trying, but there is *no process*. And the website in particular is hopeless.