Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Things are looking up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The other way to look at it - perhaps current quality control should be axed... Based on the current quality control.

I heard the same thing at my last company... always discriminatory lay offs. But, no, it was usually the lazy or stupid.

Well, QC has definitely not been stellar but I don't know how well they could have done given the production chaos. Either way, are any new hires going to be performing any better? Probably not.

Reactions: Garlan Garner
I interpret this as Tesla still being in a precarious position. In which case it's either measures like this or the company goes under. Which option is better?

Agree with the do or die aspect when it comes to overall headcount. However, the lay off by seniority aspect, especially in an area like QC, should have a pretty negative outcome. It might work for digging ditches and such, but otherwise I have not come across any business where more but less qualified employees did better than fewer seasoned ones.

Agree with the do or die aspect when it comes to overall headcount. However, the lay off by seniority aspect, especially in an area like QC, should have a pretty negative outcome. It might work for digging ditches and such, but otherwise I have not come across any business where more but less qualified employees did better than fewer seasoned ones.

Fair point, but then quality control sounds more like ditch digging than rocket science. Quality control at SpaceX, that would be different... :D

"He said: “My last repair on Friday was finding a rear fascia was missing a screw so if you pulled on it, it would pop out. I grabbed a drill, the screw, got down on my knees and made the repair myself. No one would have known about it unless they tugged on the edges of the rear fascia like I had made it a habit to do."

If it was my company I'd be frustrated if an employee fixed a problem (outside of his specific assembly task) without informing others of the need to fix it.

Sure I understand that things get chaotic and sometimes it's much easier to fix it then report it, but that's how things never get fixed.

That's how I ended up at delivery with a Model 3 with a front bumper that wasn't aligned. It was off by around 4-5mm and that's really noticeable. So that cost Tesla money to fix.

The lack of QC is costing Tesla more more money than having QC.

Reactions: C141medic