Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Things are moving fast

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The problem is your rebuttal is about the Company not the consumer. When someone orders a product anticipating a 5 month lead time for a 60-100k purchase most use that time to put their affairs in order not looking for a 4 month early surprise because a mass of people were inconvenienced to take their delivery as scheduled. And why selling used demo cars is important I have no idea? If they only made 1 configuration car no problem, they don’t.
Tesla's goal is to report max revenue at each QTR and EOY, getting rid of all existing inventory, including demos.
I agree with you with respect to consumer affairs. I, personally, will not make any plans until my VIN is assigned (i.e. transferring funds to my bank account, selling my current vehicle, and buying accessories). It is what it is with all car manufacturers nowadays.
Outsourcing major industries to Asia, which started in the '70s, is finally hitting the consumers in general. I hope that major corporations will rethink their long-term strategy and will bring heavy and tech industries back to the US.
I believe that Tesla is on the right track to bring all manufacturing in-house.

I set up my Tesla account and put in my delivery details, payment details, so I think I am set there. My C.U. said I should be able to finance this no problem. I am looking into accessories (mat set, other items). I have an ICE car that I keep getting postcards from local dealers wanting to buy (its an econobox car, so I don't expect much) so selling that car shouldn't be an issue.
Just make sure to not make any payment until you see the car regardless of what the sales person tell you. also since you already linked your bank account, the Plaid system might glitch and not issue the payment on the same day (depending on the Amount) so ask you dealer if they will accept personal checks as backup. Or best option do what most of us do here (remove Plaid link, change your bank password or de authorize the Plaid token, get A cashier certified check on that day, go inspect the car, if all good then you can give them the check and finish the paper work)

if you want to sell your car ahead, just make sure to contact Tesla once you sell the car and let them know you ware transferring the plate if you want to use your existing registration (not sure about your state but in FL this will save you the fees for new plate, as the plate stays with the person when you sell your car and you can transfer it to any new car you purchase within 30 days)