Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where is the Start / Stop button in my brand new Tesla???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
..… Just kidding. But I must admit I felt embarrassed today driving my wife‘s car. I am so used to driving my MYP that I completely forgot to push the “stop” button in my wife’s car when we arrived to where we were going. Then I struggled for more than five minutes figuring out why her car was not locking after putting to Park and getting out 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️. It was still running 🤦‍♂️🤯🤷‍♂️. Embarrassed really. Fortunately I don’t think she is divorcing me for this honest mistake 😉.

I was at a destination charger and a new owner was just standing next to his car with the door open, looking confused. He asked me how to turn the car off. It was dark, so I'm guessing he got the fob right as the showroom was closing and he got basically zero instructions.

I've left rental ICE cars running on multiple occasions.

Reactions: thyname
I did it quite a few times, parked the Jeep SUV in the garage in a Switzerland Hotel, walked all the way to the lobby and realized I didn't turn off the car; couldn't figure out how to turn on the pump at a gas station; googleing how to open the gas tank latch of a rental car... 😳