Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Things not to do with a Roadster.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Big rock at 50 mph

CIMG1641.JPG

Sorry to see that. I am guessing that you have to replace the wheel? Do they still have the dark finish ones in stock?

Looks like you were able to keep driving on it, at least to get some place safe?

+ alignment for sure. That's a big hole. I was about 4 miles from home. Just drove on it.

If anyone knows of these short run painted stock rims that Tesla had made that might be sitting in a garage or at the local Tesla Store please PM me!

If anyone knows of these short run painted stock rims that Tesla had made that might be sitting in a garage or at the local Tesla Store please PM me!

For what it is worth, I think mainly only late 2008s (between about #240 and yours) got those wheels. And even in that range you could pay extra to get the older style 'premium' (forged not cast) wheel. They generally weren't on 2010s & 2011s, and not on the early 2008s. Guessing maybe around 100 sets of them were made?

I believe my post was in response to someone saying that the manual says no automatic car washes. I find that the touch-less car washes are pretty much fine. Even with the soft top, I sit inside with a roll of paper towels and dab up a few drops here and there.