Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Things not to do with a Roadster.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Learned something else not to do with a Roadster today. First warm day I could take the top off... I parked it outside a restaurant where I could watch it through the window, and even though I kept my eye on it pretty regularly, someone managed to, on a very very busy street, reach in and steal my remote for my radio from the little floor storage area between the seats. I'm stunned. Obviously they have no use for it, and were just trying to get on my nerves.

Thing not to do: Leave the top off with ANYTHING loose inside the car.

There are many envious people in this world, zack. With an old worthless cabrio they presumably won't even had bottered to look if there's something in to steal.
People like to throw garbage in a topless car as well, like a half full beer can...

Are you sure? When you peeled off from the front of the restaurant impressing the gathered crowd, are you sure it didn't just fly under the seat?

...Or is it only me that does that?.. as my glasses go flying off the dash.

The easiest way to check would be to turn the car top down, shake it a little bit and see what falls down. My guess, I would see many things which I missed some time ago:smile:

Happily I can report that the remote was indeed under my seat. I'd checked yesterday and couldn't reach under very far, but today I moved it all the way forward and when I slid it back, there was the remote! Faith in humanity restored. For now. I once parked my former Z3 in a band rehearsal lot and someone flicked a lit butt onto my lovely ostrich leather seat. Lovely no more.

Happily I can report that the remote was indeed under my seat. I'd checked yesterday and couldn't reach under very far, but today I moved it all the way forward and when I slid it back, there was the remote! Faith in humanity restored. For now. I once parked my former Z3 in a band rehearsal lot and someone flicked a lit butt onto my lovely ostrich leather seat. Lovely no more.

Don't restore faith so fast! I'm sure someone took the remote and threw it under your seat to let you think it was stolen. And now that you found it you know you were disperated for nothing. That's cruel!

Nice! To summarize, at 70 mph there was some moisture, but at 90 mph the interior stayed perfectly dry. So you do need the Autobahn after all.

Officially they called it, "Plausible but not recommended" because they felt it was dangerous to actually do it.

I can confirm it too. Had to do it today, speed was around 70 mph, got only one drop of water an my seats. Luckily it was only a small shower because I got slow down by slower cars passing a truck.

Close Chart Port Door

OK, maybe I've grown lazy as the gas stations out here all have attendants and its been a while since I've actually had to fill a car. :biggrin:

In the mornings, I unplug, dutifully wrap the cable back under the HPC, get in the car, turn the key, and get "Close Charge Port Door". :mad:

A little sticker on the HPC seems to have resolved the problem. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• closedoor.JPG
    closedoor.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 166
OK, maybe I've grown lazy as the gas stations out here all have attendants and its been a while since I've actually had to fill a car. :biggrin:

In the mornings, I unplug, dutifully wrap the cable back under the HPC, get in the car, turn the key, and get "Close Charge Port Door". :mad:

A little sticker on the HPC seems to have resolved the problem. :rolleyes:

Did you know that from the driver's seat, you can reach back and close the port door? Not that I've ever had to do that, of course. :)