Model S Owner here. Looking for advice/tips. I have two offices that I am thinking about putting solar on. I have some money sitting in a CD that is obviously earning nothing, so I thought why not use that to invest in something with a guaranteed rate of return. Both offices have flat metal roofs. Main office is a bigger building. Average monthly kwh usage is 1,000 kwh. Average monthly bill is $200-$210. I emailed 4 solar companies for quotes, but only one responded. Here is his quote for my main office only, I haven't requested quotes for my branch office yet. He gave me two options: System Details: System Size STC Rating 8.55 kw DC Annual AC Solar Production 10,934 kwh Average AC Monthly Solar Production 911 kwh Your Average Electrical Consumption 1,100 kwh Energy offset in % 82% coverage Solar System to be mounted on: Roof Mount System 30 Solarworld 285w American made Or LG 25 year warranty Option #1 SolarEdge & 30 DC optimizers Gross System Investment $ 25,505.78 Oncor Incentive (estimates) $ 5,557.50 Your Investment minus Oncor cash Incentive $ 19,949.29 USDA grant (eligible, but guarantee) $ 6,376.45 Federal Rebate at 30% $ 4,071.55 Net System Investment $ 9,500.29 System Cost per watt $ 1.11 Payoff period at today’s rate 7.8 yrs Solar Module Warranty (80% production) 25 yrs Inverter Warranty 12 yrs DC Optimizers 25 yrs System Monitor of Production yes Other option: 30 AC Micro Inverters Gross System Investment $ 28,020.68 Oncor Incentive (estimates) $ 5,557.50 Your Investment minus Oncor cash Incentive $ 22,463.18 USDA grant (eligible, but guarantee) $ 7,005.17 Federal Rebate at 30% $ 4,637.40 Net System Investment $ 10,820.61 System Cost per watt $ 1.27 Payoff period at today’s rate 9 yrs Solar Module Warranty (80% production) 25 yrs Inverter Warranty 25 yrs System Monitor of Production yes So I guess my questions are: Do these quotes look accurate? No idea if the 2nd quote is "better" than the first due to the added costs? Just the warranty? Should I go ahead and sign up now and get on the waitlist for 2016 funds, or do I risk them being exhaused? Or should I wait until 2017? Should I keep calling until I get a 2nd quote? Or should I just wait until the Tesla/Solar City merger happens and see what they have to offer? Right now SolarCity doesn't offer anything in my zipcode. Thanks!!!