Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thinking of Purchasing CPO S85... Can You Please Help Me Decipher This Pic?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone.

I'm close to pulling the trigger on a 2015 S85 but I am trying to understand the damage that is shown here in this pic (sent to me by the Tesla Used Inventory website).

Can anyone tell me what area of the car this is from and is this something that I should make a due bill for or should I be expected to pay for this myself?

fbd970e0221d4c6cb10a50a81a8e16fc.jpg

Hello everyone.

I'm close to pulling the trigger on a 2015 S85 but I am trying to understand the damage that is shown here in this pic (sent to me by the Tesla Used Inventory website).

Can anyone tell me what area of the car this is from and is this something that I should make a due bill for or should I be expected to pay for this myself?

View attachment 392089
I was told when purchasing my CPO that Tesla won't repair cosmetic damage...up to buyer.

This is certainly the passenger side of the front bumper, you can see the right fog light.

This is the rear bumper, you can see the license plate frame. Likely some bumper scuffs.

For that rear bumper, does that long horizontal blemish look like the paint is peeling? That's what it seems like to me but I can't be sure.

I wish I could get a higher rez photo.

How many miles on the car? The bumper looks dirty to me with some light scuffing. Doubt there would be paint peeling, but I'm just speculating.

This is the only damage I see....looks really minimal, but again, it's really hard to determine with crappy pics of a dirty car (really Tesla, you send pictures to prospective buyers of a filthy car!?!).

b5b907254f7c41f6b9630f8ba76b91c1-jpg.392500

Attachments

• b5b907254f7c41f6b9630f8ba76b91c1.jpg
    b5b907254f7c41f6b9630f8ba76b91c1.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 176
How many miles on the car? The bumper looks dirty to me with some light scuffing. Doubt there would be paint peeling, but I'm just speculating.

This is the only damage I see....looks really minimal, but again, it's really hard to determine with crappy pics of a dirty car (really Tesla, you send pictures to prospective buyers of a filthy car!?!).

b5b907254f7c41f6b9630f8ba76b91c1-jpg.392500

Thank you SO MUCH for replying and trying to help me with this. This blemish is the one that I can't figure out. When I zoom in, it looks like paint-cracking but the rez is so low that I can't really tell.

pre-own-damage.jpg

When I asked to get photos of my S85D I was surprised to see fairly decent resolution pictures of a nicely detailed car! It did not look like the many other photos I had seen! My car is in San Diego, I wonder if they use a different company than Manheim. Picking it up tomorrow at 12:30pm. Can’t wait to meet my dream car.

When I asked to get photos of my S85D I was surprised to see fairly decent resolution pictures of a nicely detailed car! It did not look like the many other photos I had seen! My car is in San Diego, I wonder if they use a different company than Manheim. Picking it up tomorrow at 12:30pm. Can’t wait to meet my dream car.

That is so awesome!!

I'm really happy for you. I hope everything goes amazingly well and you have an incredibly rewarding delivery experience!!!

Reactions: rafacq