Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Please help me with problems with the battery under warranty!!!This is the complaint sent to Tesla, but without an answer.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
COMPLAINT,

The undersigned PATRU MARIAN, owner of Tesla S85 car with VIN series 5YJSA3H17EFP43574, inform you of the following irregularities applied by the people from Tesla Romania and please help me. On 02/21/2022, I bought a Tesla S85 car from 2014 at 69,000 km, with a battery warranty until 06/30/2022, with no contact with the owner. Since I am a professional engineer with software and hardware experience, knowing what an electric car means, he bought me such a car. Because this car is monitored via the Internet all the time, all battery errors and errors of any kind are saved to you on the server in the form of logs. Because I wanted a complete check on the car, not having a Tesla representative in Romania, I made a service appointment through the Tesla application, this being the only way to contact. I made the appointment at the Tesa Representative in Gratz, Austria, because in terms of time and date they were the most free of other Tesla Representatives. I completed the complete overhaul with them both on the battery and on the other components and on September 09, 2021, the car was perfectly functional after I paid an amount of approximately 6 thousand euros. I have both the invoice and the overhauls done in the Tesla application to them. Since the Tesla representative opened in Romania at the beginning of 2022, I contacted them for any problem related to the car. Thus, from February 2022, I spoke with Mr. Mihai Genoiu, the Tesla representative from Romania, by phone about the battery errors that my car displays on the dashboard starting from 11.12.2021. These battery errors would appear but then the car would reset and disappear for a short time. I mention that I took pictures of these errors, but not all of them at that time, but I could not upload these pictures to the server for a service schedule, because they were at the beginning and were not listed as service in the Tesla application. BECAUSE THESE BATTERY ERRORS KEPT APPEARING, I DECIDED TO GO TO THEM FOR SERVICE ON 06.21.2022. I could upload these pictures, for example, to the Gratz service in Austria, but that means going to them for service. This being in fact the only way of programming in the service. I mention that at that time I could not make the service appointment in the application because the application did not work, the appointment was made by the Tesla representative in the application when I arrived at them. I mention that due to the fact that the pressure sensors sometimes worked and sometimes they didn't, I decided that if I keep going to them, I will change them as well. When leaving they said that the car is ok. Less than a month later, the battery failed and they said that they don't care if the car is no longer under warranty. I asked for clarifications in this regard, they sent me an estimate in the application in the amount of 12 euros for another refurbished battery, and since then I can no longer contact them either by email or by phone, no one answers for further clarifications. I personally went to company headquarters and I haven't found anyone, because many have resigned. Please help me with an official answer regarding my battery errors during the warranty period. PLEASE SEARCH THESE ERROR LOGS IN THE DATABASE AND ANSWER ME!!!!! I have attached pictures with the errors and their date. I CONSIDER THAT I HAVE LOST THE WARRANTY DUE TO THE UNPREPARED PERSONNEL, AND THEREFORE I ASK FOR AN EXTENSION OF THE WARRANTY. I HOPE WE CAN RESOLVE THIS AFFAIR IN AN AMICABLE WAY.

THANK YOU!

DATE: 16.09.2022

Attachments

• date.jpg
    date.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 90
  • date2.jpg
    date2.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 169
  • date3.jpg
    date3.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 91
  • date4.jpg
    date4.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 85
  • date5.jpg
    date5.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 86
I'd also write to the manufacturer of your laptop, you appear to have intermittent problems with your 'Caps Lock' and 'Enter' keys.

Your images are too small to be legible but, from what you've written above, it does sound rather like your battery started to fail while in warranty. Good luck getting a satisfactory response from Tesla though, I fear you may need to resort to legal action.

Reactions: morbidz
I had battery errors when the car was under warranty. I went to the Tesla Romania Representative Office during the warranty period and they said there were no problems. Not even a month after it was out of warranty, the battery died. I asked you to check in the database these battery errors, but no one does anything. My car has been dead for over 2 months, they gave me an estimate of 12 thousand dollars and that's it. I asked for explanations, I sent an email, but no one answers officially, they just pass me from one person to another. Please help me!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220922-212626_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20220922-212626_WhatsApp.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 62
  • Screenshot_20220922-212642_WhatsApp(1)(1).jpg
    Screenshot_20220922-212642_WhatsApp(1)(1).jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 60
  • Screenshot_20220922-212626_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20220922-212626_WhatsApp.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 72
  • Screenshot_20220922-211500_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220922-211500_Gallery.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 65
  • Screenshot_20220922-211433_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220922-211433_Gallery.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 53
  • Screenshot_20220922-211412_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220922-211412_Gallery.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 55
The Tesla battery warranty for Model Y is: 8 years or 120,000 miles, whichever comes first, with minimum 70% retention of Battery capacity over the warranty period. Looks like your car is failing on the battery capacity warranty if you mean you are only showing 200 miles range at full charge.

Last edited:
The Tesla battery warranty for Model Y is: 8 years or 120,000 miles, whichever comes first, with minimum 70% retention of Battery capacity over the warranty period. Looks like your car is failing on the battery capacity warranty.
Unlikely. It looks to me like they are talking about how far they can drive, at high speed, not how many miles are reported when charged to full. (And maybe even not taking into account energy spent while parked for things like Sentry mode and cabin overheat protection.)