Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This Infographic Reveals How Tesla Model S Beats Range Anxiety

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I should have clarified as readily available for purchase, as several cars on the list like the Bolt and the Volkswagen e-Golf are here in the US but the average person can't actually buy them in most parts of the country. The only electric vehicles readily available for purchase in the Atlanta area as far as I am aware are Tesla, Nissan Leaf, Kia Soul EV, BMW i3, Smart for two, Fiat 500e and the Ford Focus. The Mercedes B-Class may theoretically be available as well if you special ordered one. I didn't look that far into it.

Last edited:
range anxiety is an affliction of the newbie, we all go through it and most of us learn how to cope with the range limitations we live with.
through proper planning, and altering at times your driving style range anxiety should rarely be an issue for cars with any size batteries

I don't think range anxiety has anything to do with the size of the battery. It mainly has to do with the availability and speed of chargers. I had a Leaf before I bought my Tesla, and I never worried about range in it either because I knew how far it would go. There were certain trips I couldn't use it for (like anything outside of Atlanta), but I didn't have anxiety over it. I probably have more stress about the Tesla because you actually can take it on longer trips, but you have the risk of some unforeseen circumstance coming up where the availability and speed of chargers can limit your options.

range anxiety is an affliction of the newbie, we all go through it and most of us learn how to cope with the range limitations we live with.
through proper planning, and altering at times your driving style range anxiety should rarely be an issue for cars with any size batteries

true, I agree with your statement, but because most other vehicles (aside from Tesla) do not have access to rapid charging options, that has a direct inverse affect of increasing an owners range anxiety. I cannot myself contemplate driving cross country in one of those low end models, it would take weeks! But that is why I bought a Tesla, I want to be able to travel distances comparable to an ICE vehicle and do so in slightly more time given access to Tesla's proprietary SC network.