Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Those with 2017 model 3...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep! There it is! Thanks!!

How do the new connectivity options impact current Tesla owners?
All Tesla cars ordered on or before June 30, 2018 will continue to have access to their existing Premium Connectivity features at no cost for as long as the car is active. As additional apps and services become available in the future, owners will have the opportunity to upgrade their connectivity plan.

How do the new connectivity options impact current Tesla owners?
All Tesla cars ordered on or before June 30, 2018 will continue to have access to their existing Premium Connectivity features at no cost for as long as the car is active. As additional apps and services become available in the future, owners will have the opportunity to upgrade their connectivity plan.

I've heard that owners who fall under this condition will continue to receive their internet connection... HOWEVER, that internet connection won't be fast enough to support streaming of video; hence, newer plans will become available. This would strengthen the later half of the quote "As additional apps and services become available in the future, owners will have the opportunity to upgrade their connectivity plan". I have a feeling that there will be different Tiers of internet connection that owners can choose from and most likely nobody will receive the top tier for free.

But, like i said... just a rumor as Tesla is always very secretive.
Thoughts?

errr... don't they already have a bulk deal for the nearly 500,000 cars on the road they're currently providing data to?

AT&T gets paid either way. The only person not getting paid because Tesla can't figure out basic billing is...Tesla.
You would think there are companies that would be happy to manage this for Tesla for free for a taste of whatever Tesla is making off the sales...

WTF BRO