Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thought I'd start a RN116X thread (group).

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Strange day.

VIN assigned in app with EDD updated to August 23-27 but no text to schedule delivery or even that I had a VIN. Did I get a rejected car?
What’s your configuration. I found a VIN in the app last Thursday with an updated EDD of September 1-5. I received a text on Saturday that the car left the factory. On Tuesday I received a text to schedule delivery. Maybe yours will track the same. In my case I had to release the VIN because I will not be in the states. Good luck.

What’s your configuration. I found a VIN in the app last Thursday with an updated EDD of September 1-5. I received a text on Saturday that the car left the factory. On Tuesday I received a text to schedule delivery. Maybe yours will track the same. In my case I had to release the VIN because I will not be in the states. Good luck.
Same thing happened to me last week. Ordered 15 Feb 2022 —- theoretically taking delivery (in Maryland) next week.

🙀Today there was a pretty significant move:

EDD: 2022-AUG-25 and 2022-SEP-12

TBH it's been a bit of a roller-coaster ride the past few days:

Aug 25: Nothing - no car and no change to EDD 😾
Aug 26: EDD changed to 2022-SEP-07 and 2022-OCT-12 😿
Aug 28: Text message: VIN assigned; EDD 2022-AUG-29 and 2022-SEP-10 😸
Aug 29: Delivery date and time scheduled (2022-SEP-01, 1400 PDT) 😻

Yesterday my wife and I spent the day installing the wall charger and cleaning out the garage with the expectation of the car arriving soon. Then Tesla called me today and scheduled the pickup.

I'll post some pics from the pickup.

I picked up yesterday and definitely ordered before the cutoff date of the mobile charger not being included (March 24). No mobile charger but I did get some kind of adapter (1 piece only). Anyone missing the mobile charger? I initiated a service via the app and will see what happens.

Otherwise, this forum tempered my expectations at pick up. I expected no help in familiarizing with the vehicle including programing the card keys and received none. No problem however as I read the manual and looked at the videos before hand. Thinking about it, one wouldn't expect an Apple store employee to hand hold you with a new Mac that you bought and these are essentially computers on wheels. The car portion should be familiar to anyone picking up a car. My wife who only has had Range Rovers was very very unimpressed.

I did a moderately intense inspection of the exterior before I transferred payment and all seemed good including panel gaps and paint. Inside was also good, no complaints. Floormats, rear trunk shelf and cover were all there.

I picked up yesterday and definitely ordered before the cutoff date of the mobile charger not being included (March 24). No mobile charger but I did get some kind of adapter (1 piece only). Anyone missing the mobile charger? I initiated a service via the app and will see what happens.

Otherwise, this forum tempered my expectations at pick up. I expected no help in familiarizing with the vehicle including programing the card keys and received none. No problem however as I read the manual and looked at the videos before hand. Thinking about it, one wouldn't expect an Apple store employee to hand hold you with a new Mac that you bought and these are essentially computers on wheels. The car portion should be familiar to anyone picking up a car. My wife who only has had Range Rovers was very very unimpressed.

I did a moderately intense inspection of the exterior before I transferred payment and all seemed good including panel gaps and paint. Inside was also good, no complaints. Floormats, rear trunk shelf and cover were all there.
Thanks for the detailed update. Helps to temper my expectations, too.

I picked mine on Wednesday. Also no mobile charger. But I did get an email with a code for a free mobile charger that you have to order from the website (which I did). Said they were in stock but I haven't gotten a shipped notification for it yet.

I picked mine on Wednesday. Also no mobile charger. But I did get an email with a code for a free mobile charger that you have to order from the website (which I did). Said they were in stock but I haven't gotten a shipped notification for it yet.
Picked up today; order date Feb 15 2022. No mobile charger. Got the $200 coupon code but haven’t acted on it yet. All good so far.

Not exactly an update I was expecting. Oh well.

RN1167
Model S LR, White/White/19"/No FSD
Ordered 3-14-2022
Nebraska
EDD July 20-Sept 28
Dec 1 - Jan 26 (April 1 2022)
July (April 30 2022)
Dec 5 - Jan 30 (May 12 2022)
Sept 14 - Nov 9 (June 12 2022)
Sept 13 - Oct 18 (August 15 2022)

Dec 2022 (Sept 1 2022)

Not exactly an update I was expecting. Oh well.

RN1167
Model S LR, White/White/19"/No FSD
Ordered 3-14-2022
Nebraska
EDD July 20-Sept 28
Dec 1 - Jan 26 (April 1 2022)
July (April 30 2022)
Dec 5 - Jan 30 (May 12 2022)
Sept 14 - Nov 9 (June 12 2022)
Sept 13 - Oct 18 (August 15 2022)

Dec 2022 (Sept 1 2022)
That is certainly odd. Maybe call to check, it's probably a mistake. Do you on plan to be pickup in KC?