Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thought I'd start a RN116X thread (group).

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Things seem to moving very slowly, no changes for me for some time. Production line changes? or just supply line issues?
Likely production changes. Looks like our group of orders will end up being the refresh of the refresh. I think the rear looks cleaner and I'm all for new headlights. Mine just updated to a April/May EDD.

I'm RN11658xxxx ordered on Feb 23rd, 2022. Model S Plaid, Deep Blue Metallic, Black interior with standard 19" Tempest wheels. Original delivery said 4-8 weeks. This weekend it was 12-16 weeks and earlier this week it changed to March 13-25 but I don't have a VIN so who knows.

I'm RN11658xxxx ordered on Feb 23rd, 2022. Model S Plaid, Deep Blue Metallic, Black interior with standard 19" Tempest wheels. Original delivery said 4-8 weeks. This weekend it was 12-16 weeks and earlier this week it changed to March 13-25 but I don't have a VIN so who knows.
Hope your delivery holds. Blue is going to be beautiful. Assume you'll be picking up at Houston North?

Reactions: Alex Philips
Hope your delivery holds. Blue is going to be beautiful. Assume you'll be picking up at Houston North?
Well so much for delivery... now says June 10th - July 8th. I think they are just playing with me now. I thought since it was an expensive Plaid that they would build it sooner rather than later. If I configure it again on the website, it still says 4 - 10 weeks. I think I need to follow your lead and modify my signature to show the crazy date swings.

Yes, Houston North is where I picked up my Model Y in Jan of 2021 so assuming will be the same.

Well so much for delivery... now says June 10th - July 8th. I think they are just playing with me now. I thought since it was an expensive Plaid that they would build it sooner rather than later. If I configure it again on the website, it still says 4 - 10 weeks. I think I need to follow your lead and modify my signature to show the crazy date swings.

Yes, Houston North is where I picked up my Model Y in Jan of 2021 so assuming will be the same.
Well...crap. Was rooting for your quick delivery. I guess the Monkey strikes again. 🐵

Reactions: Alex Philips
Would love those wheels, but the mileage hit is what got me. Since I'm coming from a Model Y where I've averaged 241 Wh/M, I just could stomach it! :p Oh, and I'm wanting best ride possible too... my model Y is a bit rougher than I like.

Those wheels look amazing, you are going to love them.
I’ve never had a an electric car. From what I’m reading Tesla calculates range in absolutely perfect conditions. I was told to expect stated range less 20%.

My driving is 90% highways at 75ish.

I’ve never had a an electric car. From what I’m reading Tesla calculates range in absolutely perfect conditions. I was told to expect stated range less 20%.

My driving is 90% highways at 75ish.
Yup, the range is a tough one to wrap your head around with Tesla. Most of us switch to battery percentage vs. mileage displayed. Makes life a bit easier to deal with. SO many factors impact mileage on vehicles that are so efficient. It is hard to wrap your head around the fact that a Model S Plaid is 2x more efficient than a Toyota Prius. hahaha.

I've got over 21k miles on my 2021 Model Y LR and am averaging 240 Watt Hour per Mile or Wh/M (lower is better). I've seen it hit 368 Wh/M on road trips from Houston to Dallas since it was raining, 36 F, and I was going 75mph. Then again, with horrible Houston traffic I've seen it be as low as 198 Wh/M. EPA rating is 270 Wh/M at their perfect conditions. So, while it seems I'm beating the EPA, it doesn't feel like it when I look at miles driven as I rarely go to 100% battery or under 10%. In real world, I'm only using 80% of the battery capability at best.

Reactions: Tater Tot