Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thoughts on 20" TSS Flow Forged Tesla Wheels and new MS color to order?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2016 MS 90D (refreshed facia and AP 1.0) and my lease is ending in about two months. I am considering buying a new MS Performance, given the recent drivetrain upgrade, extended range and other enhancements. Plus, I will qualify for free Ludicrous mode, worth 20k, as a current lessee.

My issue is this, I do not like the new design of the Model S 21" Twin Turbine Wheels. The new wheel design, with the lugs hidden and the plastic center cap appearance, looks very cheap to me. I'd much rather go for the 21" black arachnid wheels, but those aren't available for configuration and are backordered.

Does anyone have the 20" TSS Flow Forged Tesla Wheels, made by T-Sportline? They look really sharp and they might be a good tradeoff, since 20" tires probably wear better than 21"s. While they aren't identical to the arachnids, they look similar enough, if not better. Would appreciate your thoughts.

Screen Shot 2019-04-27 at 6.38.15 PM.png

Also, would love your thoughts on what color MS I should order. My current MS is Midnight Grey with grey 21" Twin Turbines. I could get the same color way in my new MS, but that wouldn't feel like a new car. Even though I love the Midnight Grey, I am considering other car colors, including blue and white. If I order the fully loaded Performance edition and basic rims, I can replace the rims with the 20" T-Sportline rims, above.

Then I comes down to color choice for the new MS. If I go with the blue, adding grey/black rims will look sharp and be accented by the red calipers form the Performance package. If I go with white, adding grey rims will give it a 'stormtrooper' look and feel, with a nice red 'pop' from the calipers (but white is hard to keep clean.

Would appreciate your feedback on the 20" TSS Flow rims and color way for my new MS. Thanks!

Here are pictures of the TSS Flow rims on Midnight Grey and Deep Blue Metallic from T-Sportline's website, for reference. Unfortunately, they don't have it pictured in white.

Screen Shot 2019-04-27 at 6.36.37 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-04-27 at 6.13.50 PM.png

The question I have in a similar thread now is square or staggered setup on the wheels/tires? If range is similar, I will go staggered. If there is a big hit, I would go square. I just don't know if anyone has an answer.

The question I have in a similar thread now is square or staggered setup on the wheels/tires? If range is similar, I will go staggered. If there is a big hit, I would go square. I just don't know if anyone has an answer.
I have the staggered on my current MS and I would stick with it going forward in a new MS. Looks sharp and handles great. I don't think there is much of a range hit, maybe 1%-3% max. However you cannot rotate your tires due to the staggered config. With 21" rims and sport performance tires, the front tires tend to wear out before the rear. Having just replaced all four tires on my 2016 MS, with 27.5k miles on it, I can say, it's not cheap. I still think the staggered look and performance is worth it. As they say, go big or go home!

@Moneesh I'm ordering the 20's this week for my new M3 Standard. I've researched the sh** out of all wheels and for us, these look the sharpest and differentiates other M3's with White/Black wheels. Going for this look, minus the blue brakes.

Attachments

• tss 20' blacked out.jpg
    tss 20' blacked out.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 136
@Moneesh I'm ordering the 20's this week for my new M3 Standard. I've researched the sh** out of all wheels and for us, these look the sharpest and differentiates other M3's with White/Black wheels. Going for this look, minus the blue brakes.

They're going to look great. Good luck with them!

I decided to extend my lease, month to month, since I sense a Model S refresh coming in the next three months. I will then evaluate my options.

Reactions: DWdrum