Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Three days from order to delivery - crazy fast

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered an M3: Deep Blue Metallic, long range, AWD, EAP on the evening of Sunday 11/18. Text message from Tesla Monday morning to say car would be delivered Weds 11/21. We were not ready by a long way and managed to postpone delivery twice. Car was delivered to our hour today 11/27. The whole process is interesting. We traded our current ICE at a fair price, which the delivery person drove away. Many hectic text messages and emails, but good in the end. As you all know the car is fantastic.

Reactions: suwaneedad
I ordered a Deep Blue Performance on Black Friday at the Tesla store. They told me they had two Deep Blue AWD units for immediate delivery. They weren't the performance model so I passed. Both had the white interior. Don't know anything beyond that.

I ordered a Deep Blue Performance on Black Friday at the Tesla store. They told me they had two Deep Blue AWD units for immediate delivery. They weren't the performance model so I passed. Both had the white interior. Don't know anything beyond that.

I just got a deep blue performance on black with EAP. Placed order on 11/26, got email today (11/28) saying they wanted to schedule delivery on 12/04. Vin of car was produced mid Nov so it wasnt sitting long. Had only been available for sale for 7-8 days. I might have got one right before they looked for you (Im in southern cali).

I want to push off delivery for a week or so because I cant even charge it at home, only have 15amp in garage, and electrician I selected for install is backed up for 2 weeks (also have to arrange for lease turn in of my BMW that this is replacing).

I just got a deep blue performance on black with EAP. Placed order on 11/26, got email today (11/28) saying they wanted to schedule delivery on 12/04. Vin of car was produced mid Nov so it wasnt sitting long. Had only been available for sale for 7-8 days. I might have got one right before they looked for you (Im in southern cali).

Wow - Congratulations !!! I actually ordered a Deep Blue Performance on White interior with EAP, so my configuration was slightly different. I hope I get it before 12/31/18. I'm in Sacramento, about 107 miles from the factory.

I went back and for on the seat color... I WANTED the white, it looks stunning! Since I normally lease cars, but I am buying this one (obviously), It needs to look good for the long haul. I was worried that the white interior would show wear in the spots where you "slide" into the drivers (or passengers) seat. Wear on light colored seats looks dark, so I was afraid that it would end up looking like "faded" white on the door sides of the seat pan, or, in other words, look "dirty" but not be able to be cleaned because it would not be dirt, but wear.

This has happened to me on other cars. That would drive me crazy, so I stuck with the "dependable" black seats, which obviously can have the same issue but the wear would not likely look white underneath, but black / dark.

Anyway, the car I am supposed to be getting is coming from Sacramento (lmao). There was one available with your spec as well, because I originally said I wanted that. They will hopefully match you to a car in the next couple of days, rather than mid december.

There really are not that many spec's or choices at this point. Exterior color, interior seats, performance model or not (since right now they all come with the "premium" interior, which, is not as premium as you would expect for a car in this price range), and they add autopilot or not by software.

Regarding the interior, its definitely a step down from my BMW, but its acceptable for me.. and its frankly not as low rent as people on BMW boards tend to make it out to be. The instant access to "all the powwwaaaa" was highly, highly intoxicating, lmao. Im really excited actually!

Regarding white seats.....

I originally wanted White as well.

All I had to do was look at the grey real leather seats in my Highlander .... after 100k and I was done. There’s no way.... the whites will hold up and be flawless after 100k

I want to push off delivery for a week or so because I cant even charge it at home, only have 15amp in garage, and electrician I selected for install is backed up for 2 weeks (also have to arrange for lease turn in of my BMW that this is replacing).

We have a 3 and a Leaf and have both been driving electric since 2013 and only ever had 15 amp. It adds 5 mph. Depends on your commute but even when mine was 60 mi/day it wasn't a problem.

Gotta remember, there seats are not dyed leather the material is actually white. But i can see them absorbing color eventually. Still if rather enjoy then. The black interior was too plain, it needed something to break up the Black!

Friend at work has had them for a couple years and there is light transfer ok the driver's seat but not sure he has used anything besides water to remove it. Even so it looks better than all black.

Reactions: McRatToo
@mrwuffles

My daily commute is 70 miles. the 15 amp circuit is rated for 4 miles per hour. If I get home at 7pm and leave at 6 am thats 11 hours, so 44 hours a night. Not to mention, the one outlet I currently have in the garage is also the same circuit my garage fridge is on, with a gfci.. not a good idea if that one trips at all.

So, I cant use that plug. I decided to take delivery on tuesday to not lose the car to someone else. I will deal with figuring out how to charge it (or just driving my wifes car to work and letting her drive the tesla around town) until my charger is installed, which is a couple weeks out.

My apologies for hijacking this thread, but has your Leaf lost any battery capacity at all ? Our 2012 Nissan Leaf has lost almost 30% capacity and Nissan said it's no longer covered.

Yes. I've actually had 3. 2 2013s (turned in/sold) and a 2016 (still have). All have had range/bars lost. 1-2 bars. Not sure percentage since I don't have Leaf Spy and it's enough range for us.

Nissan of Elk Grove called us yesterday looking for a 2012 Leaf. This is for a customer who didn't qualify for the new 2nd gen one. I know they will give us a low, low offer to buy back the car. But, it it's going to a good home, we'll probably sell it. Also, the registration is due in 2 months and it's a 4th car and their are only 2 of us. Thanks for the reply and Happy Holidays !