Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Three days, three updates, three times the same update!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Three days in a row, received notification that I had an update. Three days in a row, successful updates. Three days in a row, received the same list of what was included in the update. Three days in a row, the same thing was on the list. All three times, tells me it was to reload the game Sky Force. I didn't buy my car to play video games!! Certainly don't need to be bothered by three lengthy 50 minute long updates on three consecutive days to reload the same video game I've never even heard of!

Was just thinking last week, I miss the old days when it used to be so exciting to get a new update. It often meant new and exciting features were being added. We were promised months ago that FSD features would be sent out in a few days or weeks. I eagerly awaited the update, getting excited each time one came in, only to get disappointed each time that they were just for fixes. Back in the old days, we used to get major updates on a regular basis. Even less major ones generally always included some new feature. Yet, after over two years with my 2019 now, I can't recall a single major update it's received. I take that back. It did update with a feature that allows it to stop at all traffic lights, even the green ones! I guess that's something! LOL.

Honestly though, no complaints. Love my current car. Simply, just remembered how fun it used to be to get those updates. Was like being a kid waking up on Christmas morning with such excitement. Santa must be getting old and taking every other year off! :) And now every time he does show up, I eagerly rip open the package only to find SOCKS!! :)

Three days in a row, received notification that I had an update. Three days in a row, successful updates. Three days in a row, received the same list of what was included in the update. Three days in a row, the same thing was on the list. All three times, tells me it was to reload the game Sky Force. I didn't buy my car to play video games!! Certainly don't need to be bothered by three lengthy 50 minute long updates on three consecutive days to reload the same video game I've never even heard of!

Was just thinking last week, I miss the old days when it used to be so exciting to get a new update. It often meant new and exciting features were being added. We were promised months ago that FSD features would be sent out in a few days or weeks. I eagerly awaited the update, getting excited each time one came in, only to get disappointed each time that they were just for fixes. Back in the old days, we used to get major updates on a regular basis. Even less major ones generally always included some new feature. Yet, after over two years with my 2019 now, I can't recall a single major update it's received. I take that back. It did update with a feature that allows it to stop at all traffic lights, even the green ones! I guess that's something! LOL.

Honestly though, no complaints. Love my current car. Simply, just remembered how fun it used to be to get those updates. Was like being a kid waking up on Christmas morning with such excitement. Santa must be getting old and taking every other year off! :) And now every time he does show up, I eagerly rip open the package only to find SOCKS!! :)
Had same experience. 3 updates in 3 days. Each with identical release notes, matching your description.

I too miss the days of old when an update meant introduction of new features or legit refinements. Hoping something is on its way soon.

Just noticed something odd with last update. My 2019 raven performance S is now showing in Tesla phone app as a P100D. Strange.

Last edited:

Bug fix updates don't get updated release notes. The only change will be the release number.

I had same 3 updates, and have 2019 -- which as of last update is showing as P100D in phone app. Weird.
I have the "Long Range" 2019. My app says 100D. I have the Raven Model S and the names had changed to "Long Range" at the time. So mine is clearly wrong as well now. However, it's not something I ever looked on my app in the past, so no clue what it may have said before. Car itself still shows Long Range.

Last edited:
I have the "Long Range" 2019. My app says 100D. I have the Raven Model S and the names had changed to "Long Range" at the time. So mine is clearly wrong as well now. However, it's not something I ever looked on my app in the past, so no clue what it may have said before. Car itself still shows Long Range.
Sounds like we're in same boat. My car also correctly states Performance S (Raven). App is going retro on me with the P100D -- it used to list car correctly. Probably has no functional impact. I hope.

CORRECTION - Now FOUR updates of the same thing! Another 50 minute update to reload the same damn game again!!!! After hearing about the new update coming, actually had my hopes up to see a few new features, only to be disappointed yet again!! This is getting to the point of being silly.

My car loves AWS. This is 3 days worth. Uploaded 44 gigs.
1627649524982.png

44 GB = 44,000,000,000 * 8 = 352,000,000,000 bits in 72 hours to Amazon
352,000,000,000 / 72 hours = 4,888,888,889 bits per hour
81,481,481 bits per minute

1.3 Mbps average continuous upload to Amazon in 72 hours, plus you had much other data traffic.
This does not seem likely or possible.

Did I calculate something wrong? It is early in the morning....

I also am not interested in the games at all.
Pity to see that the innovation halted at Tesla and resources are spend on useless non-car related features.

44 GB = 44,000,000,000 * 8 = 352,000,000,000 bits in 72 hours to Amazon
352,000,000,000 / 72 hours = 4,888,888,889 bits per hour
81,481,481 bits per minute

1.3 Mbps average continuous upload to Amazon in 72 hours, plus you had much other data traffic.
This does not seem likely or possible.

Did I calculate something wrong? It is early in the morning....
I'm not saying Unifi is 100% correct, but yea this is what they show. Funny thing is I've never logged into netflix on the car, never opened it. Not sure why its downloading a gig ever 3 days. Could very well be wrong.

Reactions: DerbyDave