Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Super update with new features!! 2023.44.25

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No added value to a native Apple Podcast over bluetooth? Are you kidding? This is the new feature I'm most looking forward to.

I play my apple podcasts through bluetooth. When I get back into the car the play button is right there one the bottom right of the screen as well as the 30 sec forward 15 sec back buttons. The podcasts stop if I get a call and resume when I hang up. It even recognizes the podcast graphic and displays it. There would literally be zero added functionality to me if there was another source button with an apple image at the bottom of the screen as opposed to the bluetooth one. Maybe other people use Apple Podcasts in a different way than I do, but any added functionality by integrating into the interface, although appreciated, is going to be marginal at best ... certainly nothing for me to get excited about. But who am I to tell others what to look forward to? It's simply my opinion based on my usage. 👍

I GOT THE UPDATE TODAY...

Rear screens Bluetooth/headphones worked exactly as promised. I was able to connect 2 speakers just fine, and I even tried one headphone and the other as a Bluetooth speaker that I handed next to the child's seat instead of using a headphone. Both Bluetooth devices worked fine while the music streamed from the front screen was also on (note, now you can have the entire set of speakers in the car working even when the rear screen is streaming music to the connected bluetooth speakers/headphones

The 3D park assist visualization works well... I liked it... nothing like magic but much appreciated update by Tesla... good job.

The AP still works as before... I didn't notice any extra warnings or anything like that.

I got the goat...sound. I found it can be paired with the horn as well, not just locking.

Games in the back, BT with headphones work. Games only two years late from promise.

Can see stop signs and traffic lights on the map.

So far, happy with what I got.

Unless I’m missing something, the Tesla maps will indicate congestion on the roads with a red line, but it doesn’t suggest an alternative or better route to take. By entering my destination in Waze, I’m provided with optional routes and I can choose the fastest. Sometimes it even changes the route while I’m driving because of an unexpected problem in the original route. I love it and would like to see Tesla add it. Either as part of CarPlay or as a stand alone.

Unless I’m missing something, the Tesla maps will indicate congestion on the roads with a red line, but it doesn’t suggest an alternative or better route to take. By entering my destination in Waze, I’m provided with optional routes and I can choose the fastest. Sometimes it even changes the route while I’m driving because of an unexpected problem in the original route. I love it and would like to see Tesla add it. Either as part of CarPlay or as a stand alone.
The new firmware updates provide realtime alternative routes by showing grey lines and time estimates while on current route. Nice feature and similar to Waze.

Reactions: aerodyne
I play my apple podcasts through bluetooth. When I get back into the car the play button is right there one the bottom right of the screen as well as the 30 sec forward 15 sec back buttons. The podcasts stop if I get a call and resume when I hang up. It even recognizes the podcast graphic and displays it. There would literally be zero added functionality to me if there was another source button with an apple image at the bottom of the screen as opposed to the bluetooth one. Maybe other people use Apple Podcasts in a different way than I do, but any added functionality by integrating into the interface, although appreciated, is going to be marginal at best ... certainly nothing for me to get excited about. But who am I to tell others what to look forward to? It's simply my opinion based on my usage. 👍
With enforced Autopilot penalties for using your phone, the more stuff that’s well implemented on the main screen, the better. And, the best would be to just get over it and give people the choice of CarPlay/Android.

Mine worked well last night and this morning. Came on more aggressively in "mist", and then did not dry wipe when it ended. ONly 2 trips in rain so far.
That's actually awesome!.. I watched one youtube video, and noticed in the video that the wipers worked reaallllly good under light rain.

As someone new to Tesla, I actually love what Tesla did in this update.... the rear Bluetooth headphones, etc, good job Tesla...

Reactions: timberlights