Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Super update with new features!! 2023.44.25

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am super excited about this update!. Well, I know majority if people will continue to complain that they need more... To me, these anticipated features alone made my day:
  • Finally separate independent Bluetooth connectivity for rear screen (great for kids, I'll get a Bluetooth speaker installed so then can listen without needing headphones but still play their stuff independently from music in the car.
  • High Fidelity Park Assist 3D visualization --> I saw some leaked twitter photos, I actually liked it and it makes the lack of 360 bird view vision less of an issue
  • Play favorite games on the rear touchscreen becomes available with joystick connectivity too. Awesome for road trips while spouse is driving : ) why not, and good for kids too.
    Here is the full link:
48972905067_a09a2b2fc6_b.jpg

"Tesla Model 3 Supercharging board computer in the car during the charging phase" by verchmarco is licensed under CC BY 2.0.
Admin note: Image added for Blog Feed thumbnail

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: SoCal Buzz
We don't know if existing vehicles (S/X) are getting this
That's not right. They are already confirmed to be included 100%. Even the leaked photos shows the rear screen (anyway only S and X have rear screen "beside the 3 which already got rear headphone updates 3 weeks ago). In theory no other cars anyway are applicable for some* of these features other than S and X. It's an "update" so it's for existing vehicles (because Tesla employees are already getting it on their current cars".

That's not right. They are already confirmed to be included 100%. Even the leaked photos shows the rear screen (anyway only S and X have rear screen "beside the 3 which already got rear headphone updates 3 weeks ago). In theory no other cars anyway are applicable for some* of these features other than S and X. It's an "update" so it's for existing vehicles (because Tesla employees are already getting it on their current cars".
I must have missed the leaked photos since I didn't see any news on existing cars

Thanks.

Does it have the magical ability to download a front camera and a rain sensor?

Or more realistically Waze integration?

Cause any those would be a LOT more helpful than anything included in it.

For waze integration, Tesla is working on a much nicer technology for the maps. It will include live data sharing among cars such as live/screenshots of hazard on the road,etc, along with AI integration.
For Cameras, there is some R&D going for a very impressive visualization that will add further on top of what 44.25 will deliver now.

For waze integration, Tesla is working on a much nicer technology for the maps. It will include live data sharing among cars such as live/screenshots of hazard on the road,etc, along with AI integration.
For Cameras, there is some R&D going for a very impressive visualization that will add further on top of what 44.25 will deliver now.

The only part of Waze I’m interested in is crowdsourced live police alerts … otherwise it’s pretty useless to me as we are already have live traffic awareness on the current system and my state has no speed or red light cameras. Why they just integrate the app is beyond me.

The only part of Waze I’m interested in is crowdsourced live police alerts … otherwise it’s pretty useless to me as we are already have live traffic awareness on the current system and my state has no speed or red light cameras. Why they just integrate the app is beyond me.
Almost all manufacturers are trying to develop their own apps and capabilities. If it wasn’t for CarPlay that people would even not buy the car if it doesn’t have it, we would not even know what Waze is… lol
Am glad Tesla survived without CarPlay. For other brands, no Carplay is a deal breaker (has been like that for me since 2017, buying over 9 cars.. Carplay was a must have)

Their app adoption is inconsistent. It’s not like their entire system is proprietary Tesla apps. They are now even including apple podcasts so they’re willing to integrate other big tech company software. And btw the apple podcast thing is useless, I already use that app seamlessly through my Bluetooth connection so there’s no added value to add it to the interface.

I’m not even asking to have Waze overlayed onto the map system, I understand the complication of that … but if you’re not going to integrate the app as an alternative to the native map then at least make the native map system allow for crowdsourced police alerts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hank42 and gtae07