TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

thumbs up Ritz Carlton Laguna Niguel for destination charger

Discussion in 'Model S' started by eye.surgeon, Jun 4, 2016.

1. eye.surgeon

eye.surgeon Member

#1 eye.surgeon, Jun 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
    Staying here this weekend for my anniversary. Drove down from Fresno, the valet was very familiar with Tesla and they have a destination charger. The iphone app is great because I got notice before I got to my room that my car was charging. Slow as heck, but with destination charging overnight, who cares.

The San Juan Capistrano charger is only 4 miles away, but probably won't need it now. So nice how many superchargers there are in California, I think I passed about half a dozen driving down, at least.

• Like x 1
  2. ShotgunF15E

ShotgunF15E Member

So how does a hotel manage the charger? Understand it's all supply and demand, but what did they tell you about when it will charge over the course of the weekend? Do they just piug it in and forget about it, or are they going to move it off the charger when it's full and into a normal spot? (I obviously haven't tried a hotel with a destination charger yet)

Hope you had a great weekend!

3. K_style

K_style Member

Haha,, don't think I will ever stay at The Ritz... but yes, Kudos for them!

4. ShotgunF15E

ShotgunF15E Member

Oh please, It's just like the blink network. $500 for a full charge but these guys throw in a free hotel room! ;)

5. eye.surgeon

eye.surgeon Member

They plugged it in at my request and left it charged in overnight every night I was there. I could see on my iphone that it was charging obviously. They had 4 spots for EVs and they were mostly filled the whole weekend with Teslas.