Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tidal help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am struggling getting Tidal to work. When I open the app in the car I get a QR code to scan on my phone. This brings up the Tidal website and asks me to login. After I login, it asks me to confirm my subscription, which I am able to do, but nothing happens after. The screen in the car just stays on the QR code.

FYI, I'm using the free version of Tidal.

Reactions: Wigan and Padelford
I have a paid account and get presented with a QR code when I press login... that takes me to offer.tidal.com and an error screen. Tidal tells me it is Tesla's issue and I have a service request open with Tesla and we are back and forth. I've done everything except reboot ... open to suggestions!

Reactions: Gregwhiteshark
Tidal was offering a trial for $2 for 3 months for their highest tier of service. I jumped on that. I don't know if that offer is still active, but there is always a trial to be found. Give it a try because it is worth it for the sound quality. I was pretty disgusted by the SQ in my car but this really made a difference. Who'd a thunk it? Getting CD quality into the car, after 40 years of CD, would improve the audio?

Reactions: Wanderer
You can sign into Tidal from the browser and it'll give you options to cancel or downgrade. I took the Hifi+ trial but I'm going to downgrade since the car can't support the higher tier and I already have a hi-res service in Qobuz. The downgrade will still give me CD quality.

• Helpful
Reactions: Wanderer and jebinc
Is anyone using Tidal experiencing issues trying to load songs when not on WiFi? I find when I am parked at home connected to WiFi the song plays and continues to until after I’ve left and the song ends. Once I’m on the road connected to LTE the next song doesn’t play for about a minute. I get the spinning circle and have to wait. Also if it does play sometimes it stops and buffers. I didn’t have this issue as bad with Spotify but I stopped my membership with them and can’t test anymore. This issue could also just be a V11 bug. Does anyone else have this issue?

Is anyone using Tidal experiencing issues trying to load songs when not on WiFi? I find when I am parked at home connected to WiFi the song plays and continues to until after I’ve left and the song ends. Once I’m on the road connected to LTE the next song doesn’t play for about a minute. I get the spinning circle and have to wait. Also if it does play sometimes it stops and buffers. I didn’t have this issue as bad with Spotify but I stopped my membership with them and can’t test anymore. This issue could also just be a V11 bug. Does anyone else have this issue?
Same. Tesla app for Tidal is the issue. I’m dumping it and going back to Apple Music and BT.

No i don't have this issue. Does your streaming music (Slacker) work fine? Did you pay for the car's premium connection?

No i don't have this issue. Does your streaming music (Slacker) work fine? Did you pay for the car's premium connection?
Yes I pay for Tesla premium and have a Tidal Hifi account. My Slacker has always worked fine but I used to have similar issues with Spotify when it was first available on Tesla. It got better for me over time but when I saw Tidal was available I jumped on it. Works flawless on WiFi but not LTE for me.

Yes I pay for Tesla premium and have a Tidal Hifi account. My Slacker has always worked fine but I used to have similar issues with Spotify when it was first available on Tesla. It got better for me over time but when I saw Tidal was available I jumped on it. Works flawless on WiFi but not LTE for me.
Do you get full LTE signal bars? i sounds like your cell connection is slow.

Do you get full LTE signal bars? i sounds like your cell connection is slow.
I’ve checked a couple times since you have to go into controls now to see the bars. Probably 2 or 3 when I’ve checked but Slacker will play when Tidal buffers. I might go back to Spotify if this issue continues. Only being able to listen to 2 songs on a 20 minute ride seems ridiculous. This is the same route where Spotify worked perfect.

Reactions: Gregwhiteshark
Yes MYLR - started Tidal subscription today and so far Tidal works only in the garage when connected to WIFI - otherwise buffering.

FYI: You can also hit "download" on albums/tracks/playlists and it will download them to your Tesla the next time you are on wifi. I suspect the issue is that the bitrate is higher on Tidal and the LTE in the car cant always keep up (depending on the cell tower). I signed up for Tidal because of it getting added to Tesla and am very impressed in my headphones and the car, but I haven't driven a lot outside of my strong signal home base yet.

Reactions: Wanderer
FYI: You can also hit "download" on albums/tracks/playlists and it will download them to your Tesla the next time you are on wifi. I suspect the issue is that the bitrate is higher on Tidal and the LTE in the car cant always keep up (depending on the cell tower). I signed up for Tidal because of it getting added to Tesla and am very impressed in my headphones and the car, but I haven't driven a lot outside of my strong signal home base yet.
It is Tesla's implementation of LTE that may not be able to keep up, not LTE in general. On my phone I can stream 24/96 music over LTE without problem but the car can't keep up while sitting outside my house even on the house wifi. This I believe is one of the reasons that the music services were all low bitrate and that Tidal just wouldn't work over it in CD quality on their LTE.

It is Tesla's implementation of LTE that may not be able to keep up, not LTE in general. On my phone I can stream 24/96 music over LTE without problem but the car can't keep up while sitting outside my house even on the house wifi. This I believe is one of the reasons that the music services were all low bitrate and that Tidal just wouldn't work over it in CD quality on their LTE.

errr... if the car is on your house wifi then it's streaming over wifi--- not LTE.

Go park the car somewhere not on wifi. Open the browser. Run a speed test.

The car LTE is vastly faster than needed to stream any music service you can think of.

Reactions: jebinc