TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tillburg Distribution Facilty

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by Jackl1956, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Jackl1956

Jackl1956 Member

Does Tesla give tours of the Tillburg facility? Spending some time at my mother-in-laws house next month. Thought I would drive over to Tillburg.

2. mgemmell

mgemmell Scottish chap

We got a small tour in September when we picked up our car, but there is not much to see. They reunite the cars with their batteries and powertrains, and clean them up. Fremont is the real deal.

3. matbl

matbl Member

I wonder what would happen to the facility and as a result to european MS prices if the EU-US trade talks actually results in a free trade agreement.

4. VolkerP

VolkerP EU Model S P-37

As in, FTA would no longer require to ship with drive unit and battery separated as "vehicle parts"?
    Tillbug could become just a big service center for vehicle preparation and delivery to the Netherlands, and for owners who want to take delivery there and use the supercharger network to drive home by themselves.

5. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Canada has a FTA with the US and we still get dinged on duty. Only 58% made in North America; threshold is 60%. Apparently Tesla didn't consider our market important enough to install the battery here.