Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Time from Close to Title

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am used to Florida DMV's rapid title delivery service for standard through the mail delivery. It seems to get shorter each year. With respect to Tesla and the Model S, what has been the wait for those who have recieved their titles?

Hi Bill,

It took me 2 months and 1 week to receive my title.

About three weeks ago, on behalf of our club members and Florida reservation holders, I sent Tesla management a message suggesting that the reservation and titling process needed improvement. I received an immediate response from the executive in charge. He explained that senior management had just completed a marathon meeting on the subject and that they were acutely aware of the problems. I was informed that they had started the recruitment process to assign local resources to the issue.

Larry

Last edited:
Most local dealers farm the task out to a contractor (probably the same one). Tesla would do good to find out who everyone is using and follow suit.

Tesla was using an overworked local one woman "Mom & Pa" operation. I believe that it is now working toward a system where there are dedicated resources working out of the service centers.

Larry

Got my car on 2/6 along with my registration (transfer from previous car). I just got a receipt via FedEx from Libby's T&T today with the receipt dated 3/5.

Florida mails titles within one to two weeks so I should have mine shortly. It is the one month delay in actually filing the title work that is delaying things. Also, why would anyone spend FedEx money to deliver a registration I already have? That seems a bit of a waist.