Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Time of delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haven’t heard anything from them since the initial email saying thank you for your order. I also had the advisor add the carbon interior off the menu right after I placed it. He said with in a day or two I would see the addition on my order agreement but still nothing has changed.

Haven’t heard anything from them since the initial email saying thank you for your order. I also had the advisor add the carbon interior off the menu right after I placed it. He said with in a day or two I would see the addition on my order agreement but still nothing has changed.
I am in exactly the same position. A week now since I ordered and got the confirmation email. Still sitting on “we are preparing your contract”. Reached out to sales rep but hasn’t got back to me.

California law allows for a 7-day cancellation of any order. So Tesla will not assign a VIN or start production until mid-night following the 7 day period expiration. Patience, so the 8th day is the earliest you would see any activity other than order information and a Thank You.

California law allows for a 7-day cancellation of any order. So Tesla will not assign a VIN or start production until mid-night following the 7 day period expiration. Patience, so the 8th day is the earliest you would see any activity other than order information and a Thank You.

All order payments are fully refundable until delivery now and the car can be returned up to 7 days / 1,000 miles after delivery. The 7 days doesn't really mean anything anymore.

Original order was 4/23. Then the refresh was announced and I was told I had to cancel my order and then re-order to get the refreshed updates. I had to put another $2500 on my card and the 1st $2500 was refunded 48 hours later. So, my re-order happened on 4/25 but was not confirmed by Tesla until the 4/29. I have not heard anything, no VIN nor has there been any updates (other than trade-in info) on my reservation page. I have found that Carvana offered me more than $1,300 more for my trade-in than Tesla so I will take advantage of this as I still come out ahead even after paying the state sales tax in full on the new MX. I hope taking the trade-in away from Tesla doesn't delay my build. I will feel much better when I receive a VIN and a start of production notice.

VINs are matched to the order and represents your order details/configuration -- i.e.: performance, Model S or X, year, seats and so forth. Once the VIN is assigned the car can go into pre-production. VINs are provided by the NHTSA at the request of Tesla. So until the 7- recession period, typically, no VIN will be assigned since it is particular to your vehicle order. In most cases, you will see something (removal of edit details) on your website shortly after the 7th day -- count from mid-night California time on the 8th day. Previously, Tesla sent a email, informing you the 7 day cx period will end on XX/XX/XXXX at midnight California time. I am not sure they still send the emails, since I ordered my X in 2016 -- a lot has changed. With all the orders, I am sure you will see a change shortly.

I am still hoping May is going to be the delivery month. If you go on and order one today it still says May. The ordering and information process seems to have changed on April 24th. The 3-day period where you could change the spec has disappeared. It is not instant confirmation and a charge if you want to change things. I would have thought that meant quicker production but that's coming up for 2 weeks and my status has been 'drafting contract'. Unless they are producing the car and will get in touch once it's ready for delivery. That means the old production status updates have gone. I am going to chase my sales rep today.

I am still hoping May is going to be the delivery month. If you go on and order one today it still says May. The ordering and information process seems to have changed on April 24th. The 3-day period where you could change the spec has disappeared. It is not instant confirmation and a charge if you want to change things. I would have thought that meant quicker production but that's coming up for 2 weeks and my status has been 'drafting contract'. Unless they are producing the car and will get in touch once it's ready for delivery. That means the old production status updates have gone. I am going to chase my sales rep today.
Your edit button disappeared after 3 days?

There was no edit button. I first ordered an X on April 20 so I had the edit button and the 3 day period. I cancelled that order because of the MX refresh. When I re-ordered, the process was different. Instead of a 'thank you for your order' email I got a 'your order is confirmed email'. That 3 day period had gone.

There was no edit button. I first ordered an X on April 20 so I had the edit button and the 3 day period. I cancelled that order because of the MX refresh. When I re-ordered, the process was different. Instead of a 'thank you for your order' email I got a 'your order is confirmed email'. That 3 day period had gone.
My edit design button is still there.

Do you think that they are still on track for delivery on or before the 30th of June for the tax incentive? If they don’t hit that date do you think they would compensate the 3750 being it said May delivery?
I’m sure they will work with you ..there was a big push at end of last year to make sure folks got the tax break

• Disagree
Reactions: GreenT