Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Time of delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, so I've been emailing my delivery supervisor asking for updates... no response. I login to my Tesla account and I've got a delivery appointment scheduled for June 8th! This is fantastic, but you think they would tell me! I haven't even gotten a VIN yet (but I found one in the source code of the page)... I suspect I'll get an email next week a few days before delivery... Oh well, I hope the date on the page is real! I ordered May 5th... Blue, Cream, LR, 6 seater.

Reactions: Zaxxon
Well, I just got my delivery today. Ordered black interior with carbon fiber, showed up as black with wood. Delivery driver was gone before I noticed it... (And, of course, all paperwork was signed.) Everything on the website and in email says Black with Carbon. But the car and sticker are different..

There seems to be a lot of that (incorrect unit delivered) going on this round.

Well, I just got my delivery today. Ordered black interior with carbon fiber, showed up as black with wood. Delivery driver was gone before I noticed it... (And, of course, all paperwork was signed.) Everything on the website and in email says Black with Carbon. But the car and sticker are different.

Anyone know if it's even possible to change the wood trim to carbon fiber after-the-fact? Or is my only option the 7 day return policy? Since I traded in my old car, that's clearly a less-than-ideal option...
@Janus. Did you order the long range or performance model? I was told the carbon fiber trim is only available on the performance model.

Ordered my MX June 1st and have been stuck with a RN number. Two days ago I was prompted to pay the balance on my MX via ACH, for which I did. The funds were withdrawn today. My question is if this is an indication that I should be receiving my MX soon? Does anyone have knowledge or experience as to the timeline from payment to delivery? I live in Michigan so no SC in our state my sales advisor is in Ohio and he has not been very helpful.

Ordered my MX June 1st and have been stuck with a RN number. Two days ago I was prompted to pay the balance on my MX via ACH, for which I did. The funds were withdrawn today. My question is if this is an indication that I should be receiving my MX soon? Does anyone have knowledge or experience as to the timeline from payment to delivery? I live in Michigan so no SC in our state my sales advisor is in Ohio and he has not been very helpful.

Not necessarily. I placed my X order on 5/28 to get the free ludi upgrade. After completing the license and insurance info, the next step page auto appears. A couple of days later, the "Please Pay the balance prior to delivery" appeared. Actually, that step can be completed anytime up to delivery. So, I've elected to wait for further information on my order. BTW, California law allows for cancellation for 3 days, so no actual build will occur to an order prior to the end of the 3-day period. That said, it now appears that Tesla is "batching" car builds (no confirmed). So people are getting notification of delivery by text rather suddenly when the matching vehicle arrives. Time period varies depending on transportation --- trucks in the west seem the quickest (sometimes in days) and central and east by rail and then truck (3 weeks or so).

I ordered my X on 28th and have the Please Pay before Delivery. I'll consolidate funds when I get closer to delivery. Either way works.

It is possible to change out the trim. No idea whether Tesla will do that or not, but since your paperwork shows the car is wrong, worth a shot.

How's the car otherwise?
Quick update for the group. This morning, I called Tesla and explained the situation to the delivery department. In under an hour, got a callback from a manager. He was a very apologetic and immediately took responsibly for the mix up. He’s going to first see if a Service Center can handle the retrofit (thank for that Model 3 link @mongo, it gives me hope!). But if not, we’ll go through the 7-day return process and order me a new X. He immediately offered to provide free loaner for the time gap, and would ensure the 5,000 mile referral credit was transferred.

All-in-all, top notice customer service. I totally get that stuff can get mixed up, but (knock on wood) the service recovery has been excellent. He promised a solid answer on the Service Center option by Monday.

@Zaxxon: Love it! Took it out for quick spin yesterday with the girlfriend. Had it in Ludicrous mode (not even Ludicrous Plus). Found a nice empty onramp, and pushed the peddle about 1/2 way. I was immediately told never to do that again while she’s in the car... :)

• Love
Reactions: Zaxxon
@Janus. Did you order the long range or performance model? I was told the carbon fiber trim is only available on the performance model.
Performance with Ludicrous.
@Janus. I just reread your post and you did order the performance. They did delivered you the wrong car. I hope they will make it right for you.
The VINs all line up (web, car, sticker, etc). Plus, the mobile app works. If I had to guess, something broke down when the info went from the order systems to the factory systems. Alternatively, this one could have already been built as part of the initial Raven rollout, and someone just assigned it, but wasn't careful in validating the configuration. (Theory #2 would also explain the super-quick delivery.)

Not necessarily. I placed my X order on 5/28 to get the free ludi upgrade. After completing the license and insurance info, the next step page auto appears. A couple of days later, the "Please Pay the balance prior to delivery" appeared. Actually, that step can be completed anytime up to delivery. So, I've elected to wait for further information on my order. BTW, California law allows for cancellation for 3 days, so no actual build will occur to an order prior to the end of the 3-day period. That said, it now appears that Tesla is "batching" car builds (no confirmed). So people are getting notification of delivery by text rather suddenly when the matching vehicle arrives. Time period varies depending on transportation --- trucks in the west seem the quickest (sometimes in days) and central and east by rail and then truck (3 weeks or so).

I ordered my X on 28th and have the Please Pay before Delivery. I'll consolidate funds when I get closer to delivery. Either way works.
Just realized I stated the wrong order date. I meant to say May 1st not June 1st. So four weeks went by before I was given the option to pay the balance. I thought that was an indication that I would be getting close to receiving our MX.

Just realized I stated the wrong order date. I meant to say May 1st not June 1st. So four weeks went by before I was given the option to pay the balance. I thought that was an indication that I would be getting close to receiving our MX.
I am in the same boat as you. Ordered on May 5th and just received option to pay today and I did pay it. Hope we're near to car delivery.

Ah. That may make a difference. It appears by other's deliveries, you may be very close. Keep fingers crossed. Good luck.