Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Time to Transfer Vehicles Between Locations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if anyone has experienced this since it feels like it might be a bit of a unique situation, but I'm curious to get people's feelings on it. I'm from Saskatchewan and I bought a Model Y a couple of weeks ago. I figured I'd probably be looking at a few months or so and was thinking I'd be getting my car at the end of Q2. I then got a call from the Tesla location that the exact model/design I was looking for was in Calgary and I could have that one if I wanted. I certainly did want it, and that's where things get weird for me. I've done all the "pre-sale" work that needs to be done, and so basically I'm just waiting for them to send the vehicle from Calgary to Saskatoon, but it has been over a week without any word. I've certainly read all about delivery estimates shifting online, but I'm kind of at a loss as to what the delay would be.

Do the locations communicate with one another regularly? My biggest concern is that my car is being used as a test drive car or something in Calgary because otherwise I have no idea why it wouldn't be sent out. Any thoughts? If it weren't for COVID I would probably just suggest I pick it up in Calgary instead, but I'm sure I'd be violating some sort of health order.

I would not worry about this at all. I was in a similar situation in December, got a call saying a vehicle with my desired specs was in Montreal and they could deliver it to the Ottawa SC. The delivery schedule was vague, and it was not until the day before that they finally gave me a firm pick-up date. Then it was delayed one more day. All in, it took 8 days to get from Montreal to Ottawa. (As far as the vehicle being used as a test car - that is not happening. In any event, it would show up on the odometer.)

Reactions: Super Dave