Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Timeline for Price Increase on Multi-Coat Red?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First, Hello, new guy on board.

Your assistance would be most appreciated, I seem to remember when I placed my order that the premium was only $1000. My purchase agreement indicates $1500 and the Moroney placard indicates $2000. Ignoring the placard, as the purchase order is what's important, my order was placed 6/26/18.

Going back to my account it no longer shows the information prior to delivery. I suppose once your order number changes to your vin upon receipt those previous pages of information is considered irrelevant.

So, did anyone place their order in June with only a $1k premium and later received a final purchase order with that premium amount? I'd like to get some corroboration before I talk to my ID adviser.

Also, helpful would be some cutoff dates for the various price increases for the multi-coat. The current price is outrageous o_O, I know back when I placed my order that $1000 for red was just barely acceptable to me, for $1500 I would have just stayed with white.

First, Hello, new guy on board.

Your assistance would be most appreciated, I seem to remember when I placed my order that the premium was only $1000. My purchase agreement indicates $1500 and the Moroney placard indicates $2000. Ignoring the placard, as the purchase order is what's important, my order was placed 6/26/18.

Going back to my account it no longer shows the information prior to delivery. I suppose once your order number changes to your vin upon receipt those previous pages of information is considered irrelevant.

So, did anyone place their order in June with only a $1k premium and later received a final purchase order with that premium amount? I'd like to get some corroboration before I talk to my ID adviser.

Also, helpful would be some cutoff dates for the various price increases for the multi-coat. The current price is outrageous o_O, I know back when I placed my order that $1000 for red was just barely acceptable to me, for $1500 I would have just stayed with white.
My order was placed on 6-28-18 and included the obsidian black paint for $1K. Took delivery on 9-26-18 and was charged the $1k.

When I placed my order on 6/30/2018 multi-coat red was $1500 which is now $2500. On my MVPA it shows the correct amount $1500, however on the placard it shows $2000 which is the price when it was manufactured in Aug 2018. Placard does not list EAP either for me.

As of 6/30, multi coats (red and white) were $1500, black was $1000 and the rest $1000.

When I placed my order on 6/30/2018 multi-coat red was $1500 which is now $2500. On my MVPA it shows the correct amount $1500, however on the placard it shows $2000 which is the price when it was manufactured in Aug 2018. Placard does not list EAP either for me.

As of 6/30, multi coats (red and white) were $1500, black was $1000 and the rest $1000.
Sorry, meant to say solid black was 0.