Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

tint: carbon vs ceramic on side windows ONLY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I'd appreciate your feedback/advice for my black Model 3.

I'd like to get all 4 doors tinted with 40% (or lighter), and do NOT have any plans to have the front/rear windshields done.
Given this, do you think it matters whether I go with carbon tint instead of paying extra for ceramic?

Based on the little that I know, it sounds like the main benefit of ceramic is that it keeps the car a little cooler. I guess I'm a little skeptical that the difference will be all that noticeable considering the A/C is eventually able to cool these cars when no windows are tinted.

Oh, FYI, I just ordered the Glass Roof Sunshade because I hate the glare/heat I feel when the sun is directly overhead.

Thanks in advance.

I have had tint on all my cars for many years but always got the cheaper stuff. I got ceramic on my M3 for the heat protection since I figure it will save battery has the AC runs less. ( it might take 1000 charges for that to actually make a difference LOL )

My brief one weekend with it in the 85+ weather tells me it does help noticeably cutting heat. I did the windshield too and have in the past with the cheap stuff. It makes a difference.